Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Architect Breaks Down Iconic Baseball Stadiums | Architectural Digest

Comments

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,577
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Seattle had one of these treasures as well, somehow MLB didn't feel the romance of it though...

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,255
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Seattle had one of these treasures as well, somehow MLB didn't feel the romance of it though...

Warmed up in it, sat in the dugout…”Put me in coach”…
  • Options
    Founders Club
    U did FishPo? That is so cool, awesome
  • Options

I was a sophomore that got called up from the JV for the playoffs. Legend has it that Sick’s was razed a few weeks after we were there (1977 A.D.), but idk for sure…
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,869
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2023
    https://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/ballparks/sicks-stadium/

That place was a dump.

How was it knowing little brother in the 509 had a better stadium and a way better team in Triple A?

Shout out to @swaye for the tee-pee ticket booths.

• Options

https://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/ballparks/sicks-stadium/

That place was a dump.

How was it knowing little brother in the 509 had a better stadium and a way better team in Triple A?

Shout out to @swaye for the tee-pee ticket booths.

I drank so much beer in that place I get buzzed looking at the picture…
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Seattle Rainiers are a legendary member of the Pacific Coast League. When there were 12 MLB teams.

Spokane had a Dodgers affiliation for awhile.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,869
    edited June 2023

The Seattle Rainiers are a legendary member of the Pacific Coast League. When there were 12 MLB teams.

Spokane had the greatest minor league team of all tim in the legendary Pacific Coast League. When Seattle had the Pilots.

Cey, Garvey, Lopes, Buckner, Valentine, Hough, Russell, Tommy Hutton, Lasorda

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    Swaye's Wigwam

Spokane had the greatest minor league team of all tim in the legendary Pacific Coast League. When Seattle had the Pilots.

Cey, Garvey, Lopes, Buckner, Valentine, Hough, Russell, Tommy Hutton, Lasorda

Can't argue with that
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2023
    Fishpo31 said:

I was a sophomore that got called up from the JV for the playoffs. Legend has it that Sick’s was razed a few weeks after we were there (1977 A.D.), but idk for sure…
    It’s true FishPo… the company I worked for [CX corporation] bought the location and commenced construction to create a manufacturing location to make photofinishing equipment [computerized solutions to automate the materials handling functions of photofinishing] as well as to open the largest photofinishing plant west of the Mississippi.

This was quite the place, we had 250 girls in the 18-28 range working there, many of which were absolute knockout beauties… and another 200 engineers and brainiacs in the systems division in this giant building which opened in 1979 as I recall. Haven’t seen the building in decades so do not know the present state of affairs… i hear that its a hardware location, but it was two to 3 times the size of the old white front store so its undoubtedly housing a variety of businesses.
  • Options

Fishpo31 said:

It’s true FishPo… the company I worked for [CX corporation] bought the location and commenced construction to create a manufacturing location to make photofinishing equipment [computerized solutions to automate the materials handling functions of photofinishing] as well as to open the largest photofinishing plant west of the Mississippi.

This was quite the place, we had 250 girls in the 18-28 range working there, many of which were absolute knockout beauties… and another 200 engineers and brainiacs in the systems division in this giant building which opened in 1979 as I recall. Haven’t seen the building in decades so do not know the present state of affairs… i hear that its a hardware location, but it was two to 3 times the size of the old white front store so its undoubtedly housing a variety of businesses.
    It is a Lowes (Hi Damone!). They have (or had) an area out front marking where home plate was, and a display inside the exit (IIRC) about the Rainiers and Pilots…about 15 yrs ago, I dropped about a 100 grand in there for our “Gentrification Remodel”…CSB, and good chit…
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2023
    @Fishpo31 You must live in Madrona, Leashi or the area above Seward Park to pick that location… good locations all. I was a Madison Park / Washington Park guy for a lot of years and loved those areas back in the day…