Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Deion Sanders, CU Buffs don’t need Pac-12. But Pac-12 needs Coach Prime as Big 12 overtures increase

Comments

• TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
    We're going to see in the next couple of years if the juice is worth the squeeze when it comes to the Deion and his ego.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,293 Swaye's Wigwam
    TXDawg said:

We're going to see in the next couple of years if the juice is worth the squeeze when it comes to the Deion and his ego.

• TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club

TXDawg said:

That is an accurate description of how people are eating up all this Prime bullshit.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,713 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Prime will not be at CU longer than 3 years, developing a strategy around him would be idiotic.

It's fun to have him in the conference, but a couple mediocre seasons and it's POOF.

I give Prime 2 seasons at CU before he ends up in the SEC, even if he never gets a winning record

Hell, Michigan St came and bullied CU for Mel Tucker which shows you just how shitty their program is
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,555 Swaye's Wigwam
    Colorado has had one winning season in 15 years. They suck
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,364
    Prime sucks until he doesn't. What he did at the lower level was admirable but let's not get carried away.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,803 Founders Club
    dannarc said:

Prime sucks until he doesn't. What he did at the lower level was admirable but let's not get carried away.

I was totally on board with Sanders when he got hired. I figured he’s a winner, he’s always won, he will win at CU. I’ve soured since then. HBCU is a half level lower than FCS. He had eight D1 caliber players and a few future NFL types on the roster. I’m sure most of the rest of his starters were mostly at least FCS caliber. How do you lose that New Years Bowl game twice? You’ve got a decided talent advantage and with a few weeks to prepare a undermanned opponent bested you, twice. He won’t have that talent advantage at CU. I’ve seen the kids he’s bringing in and most look like a roster full of Trevell Dixons to me. Can you win with a roster of freshman and SEC fourth stringers? Will recruits stick around more than a season with a vagabond culture?
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    He isn't going to be playing Podunk State on a weekly basis anymore. I think he'll get his shit pushed in regularly and find a way to blame the kids. His son will be a piss poor qb and Buff fans will get sick of "Prime" real fast.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,508 Founders Club

He isn't going to be playing Podunk State on a weekly basis anymore. I think he'll get his shit pushed in regularly and find a way to blame the kids. His son will be a piss poor qb and Buff fans will get sick of "Prime" real fast.

That's right! He's going to battle with the likes of WSU, Cal and Arizona!
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

That's right! He's going to battle with the likes of WSU, Cal and Arizona!
    Hell lose 2/3 against that gauntlet.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,174

I was told he was bringing his luggage with him and that it was Louis, was I lied to? Led astray?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,596

I was told he was bringing his luggage with him and that it was Louis, was I lied to? Led astray?
    It’s jansport
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    edited May 2023
    Buffs OL has three returning starters, not a positive, and then transfers from:

Missouri St.
    Kent St. (2)
    Snow College
    Jackson St.
    Iowa Central CC

His kid will be running for his life on a regular basis.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,566 Swaye's Wigwam
    Colorado (and Arizona) are God awful products on the football field and that isn't changing. So the Big 12 is stupid.

If just Colorado leaves then they would just invite SDSU.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,174

If I’m boofs I do this but not so sure I’d want prime as the pilot.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,508 Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

Buffs OL has three returning starters, not a positive, and then transfers from:

Missouri St.
    Kent St. (2)
    Snow College
    Jackson St.
    Iowa Central CC

His kid will be running for his life on a regular basis.