Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

uhhh, cuog bros? things ok?

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They probably knew this was coming when Leach was there and they did their major renovations/projects.

None of the buildings will be bulldozed, and their setup + Reser will be on a different level than the other mountain west schools. Unless Rice Eccles is thrown into the mix.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,058
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Even Furness said last week the Coogs should consider moving to the MWC now
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cuog and Beav in the MWC would be great. That would be a competitive conference. By competitive I mean I mean the competition would be tight within the conference. They might even produce a scrappy champion once an eon who wins a first round game of the 12 team playoff.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    chuck said:

Cuog and Beav in the MWC would be great. That would be a competitive conference. By competitive I mean I mean the competition would be tight within the conference. They might even produce a scrappy champion once an eon who wins a first round game of the 12 team playoff.

In the Beavs defense, they did come back from 21 down to beat Oregon without throwing a pass.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

In the Beavs defense, they did come back from 21 down to beat Oregon without throwing a pass.
    They have a top 3 coach in the conference.

Don't know if his job offers were leaked but they were probably very good schools.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I don't mean to belittle the Beav. I just think they fit best at the top of the Mtn West and could rule it as long as Smith is there. I don't think that's a bad outcome for them compared to other possibilities.

For cuog, however, this whole reset might be a death blow for football.. They'll be mid to lower tier in whatever conference they land inz and their already shrinking fan base won't stick around.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I don't mean to belittle the Beav. I just think they fit best at the top of the Mtn West and could rule it as long as Smith is there. I don't think that's a bad outcome for them compared to other possibilities.

For cuog, however, this whole reset might be a death blow for football.. They'll be mid to lower tier in whatever conference they land inz and their already shrinking fan base won't stick around.
    I don’t know man. It’s going to be very shitty for both. The Beavs just didn’t something like $30m on the recent stadium expansion, and their annual tv sports revenue is going to go from around $20 million to well under $10m. I know it probably doesn’t mean anything. But having the same OSU and color scheme as Oklahoma State probably isn’t doing them any favors either.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

I don’t know man. It’s going to be very shitty for both. The Beavs just didn’t something like $30m on the recent stadium expansion, and their annual tv sports revenue is going to go from around $20 million to well under $10m. I know it probably doesn’t mean anything. But having the same OSU and color scheme as Oklahoma State probably isn’t doing them any favors either.
    Well you're right about the financial hit. That's gotta hurt. I still think that conference can thrive as long as the likes of Boise, Fresno, and OSU can afford to keep playing. A dominant OSU in the Mtn West should hold more appeal than bottom feeders of the big 12 in terms of talent acquisition, especially from the portal. They could own the west at that level and I'm not sure that's worse than where they've been, minus the TV dollars.