Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Reason #7463935 that Doogman's boreds suck ass...

CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,476
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
Swaye's Wigwam
Poasts and threads about entrance songs.

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013
    I think they should play Enter Sandman at the opening. Then at the end of the 3rd quarter they should play Jump Around. If it is a close game in the 4th quarter during a time out the crowd should chant "Whoa Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh" from the white stripes seven nation army. That's what I think.
  • Options
    WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    I think the non starters and cheer staffs should line the opening to the field and do The Lawnmower. That has some deep traditions with the Sark era.......or can't we just hold up four fingers at the end of the 3rd quarter and call it good?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think the non starters and cheer staffs should line the opening to the field and do The Lawnmower. That has some deep traditions with the Sark era.......or can't we just hold up four fingers at the end of the 3rd quarter and call it good?

I like your idea of holding up four fingers to start the 4th quarter. Is shows the opponent that your not tired and ready to rumble. It also lets the fans know that it's the 4th quarter and not only are you not tired, but you're ready to take it up a notch and FINISH. My only concern with your idea is how do we keep the opponent from doing it also? Would their 4 fingers cancel out ours? Just food for thought. But in general I think it would be good.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,245
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The fans should yell Dos Menutos when there's two minutes left in the quarter
  • Options

I like your idea of holding up four fingers to start the 4th quarter. Is shows the opponent that your not tired and ready to rumble. It also lets the fans know that it's the 4th quarter and not only are you not tired, but you're ready to take it up a notch and FINISH. My only concern with your idea is how do we keep the opponent from doing it also? Would their 4 fingers cancel out ours? Just food for thought. But in general I think it would be good.

Other coaches respect Sark and what he has done here. They would not allow their players to do this out of said respect.

Bow Down To Washington!

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought it was awesome when Jaun Garcia did it. It never grew legs though. I did hear one or two guys yelling it from the stands. Probably NupeDawg.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I thought it was awesome when Jaun Garcia did it. It never grew legs though. I did hear one or two guys yelling it from the stands. Probably NupeDawg.
    Making fun of hispanic sayings is fine, but if we're gonna bash NupeDawg, I'm out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013

Making fun of hispanic sayings is fine, but if we're gonna bash NupeDawg, I'm out.
    I did neither. So you're still in?
  • Options

Balla brothers? True?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,516
    Founders Club

Balla brothers? True?
    Try to get them over here, will you?
  • Options

Balla brothers? True?
    They come with a HUGE price tag and a lot of baggage.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Balla brothers? True?
    Too busy drinking the Sark cool aid....or jesus juice or whatever.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Balla brothers? True?
    Too busy drinking the Sark cool aid....or jesus juice or whatever.

Or apologizing to Europeans for America.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    yeah but they're fun
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    what do you guys think about perhaps starting a new tradition called Tales From the Seats - historical annecdotes told in HD.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

what do you guys think about perhaps starting a new tradition called Tales From the Seats - historical annecdotes told in HD.

Example? Because I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

you'd first have to start by changing the spelling to "Tails"
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Is that where we talk about the novelty of eating a cheap hot dog in the club seats while having a good belly laugh with Ron Crockett?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,927
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    How about this special moment from the "starting a new tradition" thread a few weeks ago:

Contact the folks who do the Sounders games. Get them on board. Coming up with cheers for players and coaches would be fun. The Seattle Sounders chant matches up syllable wise with Washington Huskies. Ex. here.

And copying your local team is okay. We're not the only school that does "Go" "Masocot" or "And that's another "insert team" FIRSTDOWN!.

UW will go 9-3 this season!

Last edited 06/13/2013 11:15 PM by purpledawgfan
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    'Who let the dawgs out' should be the entrance music.