Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

El Salvador might become America 2.0

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,477
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I have spent extensive time in Central and South America including El Salvador. The violence and corruption in ES is extensive. If a tech company locates there and staffs the facility with transplants I would suggest that it would be inhumane and life threatening.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,484
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I have spent extensive time in Central and South America including El Salvador. The violence and corruption in ES is extensive. If a tech company locates there and staffs the facility with transplants I would suggest that it would be inhumane and life threatening.

Not in the past two years. All kinds of people are relocating there.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This isnt the Central America of the 90s and aughts.

Somedays Id rather live there than in the US.

Theyve realized that getting wealthy expats to live there and buy shit is a better strategy than giving them a ticket every time they drive.
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,399
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Theyve realized that getting wealthy expats to live there and buy shit is a better strategy than giving them a ticket every time they drive.
    Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,682
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Imagine taking bitcoin to a dumpy looking food joint like that. Couldn't pay me enough to live in a third world country.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Imagine taking bitcoin to a dumpy looking food joint like that. Couldn't pay me enough to live in a third world country.
    Imagine having your life savings stuck on your phone wallet. No kidnapping going on in third world central and south America.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The El Salvador president has actually declared war on the cartels including MS-13 and is putting them away. Sort of the anti-dementia patient democrat approach. Remember the dems dumping on Trump for verbally going after MS-13. Tucker had reports on this and if you can believe it, jailing criminals results in a lot less crime. News to democrats because they care so much.

https://apnews.com/article/el-salvador-gang-crackdown-prison-state-of-emergency-d95e1fcd5b806c38077ffb060c8c2f48

SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador (AP) — El Salvador’s government sent 2,000 more suspects to a huge new prison built especially for gang members Wednesday, and the the justice minister vowed that “they will never return” to the streets.

The tough statement came as the administration of President Nayib Bukele asked for yet another extension of an anti-gang emergency measures that would take the crackdown into its 13th month.

Over the last 354 days, about 65,000 people have been arrested in the antigang campaign. Human rights groups say that there have been many instances of prisoner abuses and that innocent people have been swept up in police raids.

The government announced the mass inmate transfer with a slickly produced video posted on social media. It showed prisoners forced to run barefoot and handcuffed down stairways and over bare ground, clad only in regulation white shorts. They were then forced to sit with their legs locked in closely clumped groups in cells.

Gustavo Villatoro, the government’s minister for justice and peace, said the suspected gang members would never return to the streets, even though about 57,000 of those arrested are still awaiting formal charges or a trial.

“They are never going to return to the communities, the neighborhoods, the barrios, the cities of our beloved El Salvador,” Villatoro said.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

More trannies for you
  • Options
    Founders Club

I don't think this post is going to age very well
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

You sound poor
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,399
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

You sound poor
    Not much of a burn there big guy. You like midget dictators that helped steal our elections. I don't. You sound like you hate America.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You sound poor
    Not much of a burn there big guy. You like midget dictators that helped steal our elections. I don't. You sound like you hate America.

I love America.

And hate retards like you.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You sound poor
    What do you think his %age is for his part is the phone call? The mighty midget.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You sound poor

I love America.

You're supporting the midget guy stealing our tax dollars and laundering them back to the demonrat party and I'm the retard?

You obviously have a broken moral compass.
    You're missing the point here, I believe. PGOS will correct me if I'm wrong, but he's saying he loves America but hates seeing what has happened to it. El Salvador has gone Law & Order on their gang problems and many thousands of entrepreneurs have moved there to San Salvador and Bitcoin Beach. Most economies had horrible years in 2022, but El Salvador's went up 10%, mostly from tourism I think. They're doing interesting things down there. It doesn't mean PGOS hates America.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,654
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You sound poor

I love America.

You're supporting the midget guy stealing our tax dollars and laundering them back to the demonrat party and I'm the retard?

PGOS hates America.
    Agreed
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You sound poor

I love America.

You're missing the point here, I believe. PGOS will correct me if I'm wrong, but he's saying he loves America but hates seeing what has happened to it. El Salvador has gone Law & Order on their gang problems and many thousands of entrepreneurs have moved there to San Salvador and Bitcoin Beach. Most economies had horrible years in 2022, but El Salvador's went up 10%, mostly from tourism I think. They're doing interesting things down there. It doesn't mean PGOS hates America.
    He really seems to love Ukraine and their borders more than he loves the US and its border.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You sound poor

I love America.

He really seems to love Ukraine and their borders more than he loves the US and its border.
    No. Just because I have no problem with the US giving $0.75 of my tax dollars in aid to Ukraine, doesnt mean I like Ukraine more than America. I like America 100 times more.

You guys are fucking lemmings that will now bring up Ukraine in any thread I post in.

Obsessed.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2023

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You sound poor

I love America.

Exactly. Being a snowbird in Central America appeals to me a lot more than Arizona Cali or Florida.

I dont even hate America. I live in a big city which scares a lot of the Cleetuses on this board shitless.