Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Looking back, who had the more disappointing coaching career?

2»

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,276 Swaye's Wigwam
    Rick Neuheisel
    I voted Rick but probably should have went Mora because he also leveraged UW to get raises at UCLA.

Both are testaments to how hard it is to be the rah rah guy and also be the guy who can maintain order and be a gameday coach. You can see it in that all generally do well at first at their jobs then fall apart.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,933 Founders Club
    Jim L. Mora

Another reason to vote for Mora. I can’t remember the timing, but probably after Sark took the USC job (praise unto St Haden), I woke up around 2am and saw a text from Stalin telling me Mora was coming to UW.

I was so excited I couldn’t get back to sleep. My wife woke up and I shared the news. She wasn’t as excited as I was.

Sounds like Stalin would rather be first than right.
    It’s what he was hearing at the time. Things changes all the time with coaching searches. If you can’t handle the ups and downs.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club
    Jim L. Mora

chuck said:

I don't know. It seemed like Mora came closer to building his own success at UCLA than Neu did and that Neu flamed out faster there. I didn't pay close attention and it doesn't matter. Both disappointed in the end.

Mora had a respectable start at UCLA and I think if he had eaten his birthday cake, he would have likely been an upgrade over the Sark years at UW.
    He wouldn't have gone owen12 in 08

The vindication was Mora leading the other Huskies to a bowl last season. They had sucked for years.

That was the original premise. He'd come in after 07 and get rid of the Ty stench and bring excitement back

Yes we? wanted him again after 08 but Sark also brought some excitement back for a minute

Ty still being here in 08 is unforgivable
    Mora would have been brought in for 2008 to clean up the program. Then the next coach would have had the foundation to win. *cough*
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club
    Jim L. Mora
    Mora leads Neu 64%-35%
  • ForeskinWalletDawgForeskinWalletDawg Member Posts: 238
    Jim L. Mora
    Mora sucks seal balls
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,940 Swaye's Wigwam
    Rick Neuheisel

Mora sucks seal balls

Seal scrotum wallet > foreskin wallet. I bet so anyways.

I finally voted and it was easy. I realized how doogish my expectations were for RN. It's what got me into this message board thing.

I never really was sure how Mora would turn out. I wanted him at UW badly a couple of times but that was as much a function of who the incumbent was as it was about Mora.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,507 Standard Supporter
    Jim L. Mora
    It's Mora, c'mon, wtf? Rick was sober Sark, talked shit, beat Oregon, won a Rose Bowl.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,171
    Jim L. Mora
    rick won a rose and popped off. also, beating the canes (when the canes still MATTERED) at husky stadium is also a nice feather. yeah, after that it was all downhill.

mora was a pie guy, nuff said on that.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    Rick Neuheisel
    There are two schools of thought

Who was the better coach? I agree it's Rick

Who was more disappointing to me as a Husky fan? Rick because he was actually the Husky coach and teased us all

Once Ty was retained and Mora joined the Hawks he was off the board
    Jim L. Mora

Another reason to vote for Mora. I can’t remember the timing, but probably after Sark took the USC job (praise unto St Haden), I woke up around 2am and saw a text from Stalin telling me Mora was coming to UW.

I was so excited I couldn’t get back to sleep. My wife woke up and I shared the news. She wasn’t as excited as I was.

I didn't see this until now. Yes, I had two credible people with different affiliations both tell me that it was Mora. Looking back it was idiotic of me obviously
    Jim L. Mora

It seems like it would have been earlier than Dec 2013.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,596 Standard Supporter
    Jim L. Mora
    Mora was born on third base and is now trying not to get picked off at first.

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    edited May 2023
    Rick Neuheisel
    Something about UCLA isn't right, but it's clearly Rick.

Mora been to the playoffs in the NFL and is still going with positive press at UCONN.

Rick got heat for flirting with the NFL, landed his dream alma mater job and tanked.

You need to win one game with a random roster choose Rick, but building something Mora has earned a bit more.

Nobody thinks of Corso as a coach, he's a personality first with grainy footage of him roaming the sidelines. Rick is closer to the Corso track than not.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,933 Founders Club
    Jim L. Mora

It seems like it would have been earlier than Dec 2013.
    Yeah, it might’ve been earlier but was definitely 2010 or later.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,819 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jim L. Mora
    I say Mora because there was a time where it felt like he was on an upward trajectory with a certain path to playoffs? glory. With RN, it always felt one guitar chord short of a sustainable championship effort.
    Jim L. Mora
    Doogles said:

Something about UCLA isn't right, but it's clearly Rick.

Mora been to the playoffs in the NFL and is still going with positive press at UCONN.

Rick got heat for flirting with the NFL, landed his dream alma mater job and tanked.

You need to win one game with a random roster choose Rick, but building something Mora has earned a bit more.

Nobody thinks of Corso as a coach, he's a personality first with grainy footage of him roaming the sidelines. Rick is closer to the Corso track than not.

excellent comparison