Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Something to ruminate on (2022 UW Huskies)

2»

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,870
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

Texas w/ Bijan Robinson and the other RB that were drafted win that game. I was there.

It was a great win, but that wasn't the same Texas that played Bama.

Meh. Our run D was good.
    What game did you watch?

In typical Sark fashion he got cute and decided to thow the ball. It caused the D-line to have a banner night rushing the QB.

Had he kept it on the ground it would have been all over.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Doogles said:

Texas w/ Bijan Robinson and the other RB that were drafted win that game. I was there.

Meh. Our run D was good.
    What game did you watch?

In typical Sark fashion he got cute and decided to thow the ball. It caused the D-line to have a banner night rushing the QB.

Texas ran for 51 yards in the game. There is no meaningful sample size there to extrapolate from.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,293
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Edit to say we still could win that game, but it wasn't some dominate game against a fully loaded squad.

Agree that Petersen loses it w/ all other factors remaining the same.

Tend to agree, but Sark was pretty greased up

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,631
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Doogles said:

Meh. Our run D was good.
    What game did you watch?

The game where Texas spent 3 quarters trying and failing to be balanced on offense before they were down 17 and desperate...

The game where Texas ran for 50 yards and Savvy Smalls of all people was clogging lanes.

That game
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think we'll see noticable improvement from the corners just based on new blood. Perryman was God-awful and I don't think Powell all that special. Muhammed seems like a big improvement and Dixon impressed too. Hampton needs to finally step up because Fabiculan is HORRIBLE
  • Options
    Founders Club

I think we'll see noticable improvement from the corners just based on new blood. Perryman was God-awful and I don't think Powell all that special. Muhammed seems like a big improvement and Dixon impressed too. Hampton needs to finally step up because Becky London is HORRIBLE

@WoolleyDoog
    @JoeEDangerously
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,479

I think we'll see noticable improvement from the corners just based on new blood. Perryman was God-awful and I don't think Powell all that special. Muhammed seems like a big improvement and Dixon impressed too. Hampton needs to finally step up because Fabiculan is HORRIBLE

Coaches played the 5 best DBs last season, which meant that Hampton and Powell were playing out of position. With more CBs, Hampton moved to Safety and Powell is at Husky now.

I see the biggest improvement with Powell, who was always good in run support.
  • Options
    SanchoSancho Member Posts: 249
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Doogles said:

I'm going to get skewered, but we were a soft 11-2.

I'll die on this hill, the Defense was SO bad. The defensive coaches are straight liability as far as i'm concerned, particularly DB.

I don't think it can get any worse, if there isn't a crazy improvement by the end of OOC play, then everyone needs to be fired and you roll the dice with whatever GA is waiting in the wings.

Soft is a little harsh but it might be the least dominate 11 win team of all time
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,656
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think we'll see noticable improvement from the corners just based on new blood. Perryman was God-awful and I don't think Powell all that special. Muhammed seems like a big improvement and Dixon impressed too. Hampton needs to finally step up because Becky London is HORRIBLE

@WoolleyDoog
    @JoeEDangerously
    It was definitely a more suspect breakout 10 plus win season than the previous (1990, 2000, 2016). I'll still take it though and they're bringing back the best group for a follow up season since 1991.

I'm still very worried about London. I'm shocked they haven't even brought in some JAGs from the portal to try something. Every team next year will go right at where he is ala Manu in 2019 and it's actually kind of a disservice to the kid to not bring in someone better.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,587
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2023
    Doogles said:

I'll die on this hill, the Defense was SO bad. The defensive coaches are straight liability as far as i'm concerned, particularly DB.

I don't think it can get any worse, if there isn't a crazy improvement by the end of OOC play, then everyone needs to be fired and you roll the dice with whatever GA is waiting in the wings.

We got one of the best teams in the conference (after they made the appropriate QB change they were) and they had us on the ropes at home, and it should have been 10 pt comfortable win.

Rest of it we went on the road for every meaningful game.

We would handle Utah at minimum. SC I don't know but people overlook that their defense was even shittier than ours.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Doogles said:

We got one of the best teams in the conference (after they made the appropriate QB change they were) and they had us on the ropes at home, and it should have been 10 pt comfortable win.

Rest of it we went on the road for every meaningful game.

We would handle Utah at minimum. SC I don't know but people overlook that their defense was even shittier than ours.
    If we lost to UCLA we could have easily lost to Utah. My money would have been on UW but by no means a gimme