Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What’s on your Mt Rushmore of movie scenes that scarred you for life?

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,095 Founders Club
    edited May 2023
    dnc said:

Bambi's Mom selling the couch.
    Old Yeller getting the hydrophobia and Travis doing the needful. Fuck that movie.
    Where The Red Fern Grows. Nuff sad.
    Copper turning against Tod (Fox and the Hound).

My deepest movie trauma happened quite young and was all centered around aminals.

I’ve never seen Old Yeller and after crying my eyes out over Where the Red Fern Grows I never will.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,755 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Old Yeller getting the hydrophobia and Travis doing the needful. Fuck that movie.

My deepest movie trauma happened quite young and was all centered around aminals.

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom was not for sermon seekers
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,644

dnc said:

I’ve never seen Old Yeller and after crying my eyes out over Where the Red Fern Grows I never will.
    It's beautiful and so so heartbreaking.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,976 Founders Club
    If I go way back Bambi qualifies

There was a Saturday afternoon Sci fi movie with a floating brain. I always thought it lurked in the basement. I'd run up the stairs

Deliverance is a good call. Was in high school
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,558 Founders Club
    edited May 2023
    dnc said:

The only time I cried in the theater was during Air Bud when he abandons the dog on the island by pretending to play fetch with him. My child self couldn't believe it.

I don't know if I was "traumatized", but definitely a WTF core memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BovmNO5tyPU
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,644
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

The only time I cried in the theater was during Air Bud when he abandons the dog on the island by pretending to play fetch with him. My child self couldn't believe it.

I don't know if I was "traumatized", but definitely a WTF core memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BovmNO5tyPU
    Never even saw this basketball playing dog bullshit movie and now I'm getting all sentimental
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,108 Standard Supporter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4BIUBEYJw

Another was the start of Jaws where the girl gets torn apart from the shark. Made me nauseous. Saw it with my girlfriend. Next day I had a full bruised handprint on my bicep where she squeezed me.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,266 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Is this book club? Never made it the silver screen with either of those. The books were enough.

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,266 Founders Club
    5 yo me and the Neverending Story. Ruined the movie for my cousin b/c I was in tears at the movie theater completely inconsolable. Still haven’t gone back to figure the movie out 40 years later.

Opening scene to Cujo.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,095 Founders Club
    pawz said:

dnc said:

Is this book club? Never made it the silver screen with either of those. The books were enough.

Never read either book.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,583 Swaye's Wigwam
    Trainspotting dead baby. Ugh.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,975 Standard Supporter

dflea said:

Watching Ned Beatty get plowed in the ass by a hillbilly who then got an arrow through the chest from Burt Reynolds made me pretty uncomfortable while I sat there with my parents.

I could tell they were pretty uncomfortable, too.

Plowed? Has @Doog_de_Jour commandeered your account?
    Huh?

dflea said:

Watching Ned Beatty get plowed in the ass by a hillbilly who then got an arrow through the chest from Burt Reynolds made me pretty uncomfortable while I sat there with my parents.

I could tell they were pretty uncomfortable, too.

Plowed? Has @Doog_de_Jour commandeered your account?
    Huh?

Plagiarism my shit fucko
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,381 Swaye's Wigwam
    I second Arachnophobia. Every scene when fangs are inserted into flesh.

Brother went and saw it and turned everything in his room over. As a joke I got him the movie for Christmas.

We watched it and my sister and I were literally crawling up the couch.

Later on The Ring had a huge impact. First the one girl in the closet, then climbing out of the TV.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam

I second Arachnophobia. Every scene when fangs are inserted into flesh.

Brother went and saw it and turned everything in his room over. As a joke I got him the movie for Christmas.

We watched it and my sister and I were literally crawling up the couch.

Later on The Ring had a huge impact. First the one girl in the closet, then climbing out of the TV.

The ring fucked with my head for a bit. The crawling out of the TV scene image was burned into my brain. I worked in the woods alone almost every day at the time. I remember one day in particular where I kept looking back expecting that thing to be crawling after me.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    Many scenes from Seven
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,656 Swaye's Wigwam
    Hereditary.

Last part of the movie where he wakes up and the entire house is inhabited by the satanist cult his grandmother started, and engineered to kill the family and have him be the host of Paimon.

Main character (Toni Collette) going off was just an ingenious touch.

There will never be another movie on this level for a long, long time in this genre.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,558 Founders Club
    haie said:

Hereditary.

Last part of the movie where he wakes up and the entire house is inhabited by the satanist cult his grandmother started, and engineered to kill the family and have him be the host of Paimon.

Main character (Toni Collette) going off was just an ingenious touch.

There will never be another movie on this level for a long, long time in this genre.

Agree, Hereditary was pretty fucked up.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,755 Founders Club

pawz said:

dnc said:

Never read either book.
    At your most recent Hardcore Husky get together you admitted to the group that you couldn't read
    Ah yes, Children of the Corn came out when I was a kid. The scene of the cop's corpse crucified in the corn field did a number on me.