Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What’s the worst song on your favorite album?

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jump

Disagree. Jump was a great song.

Drop Dead Legs is the best song, of course, on the album.
    The synth is awful. Totally agree with Race.

And Hot For Teacher is the best song on that album. CHRIST!
    Teacher is the 2nd best song.

But if you can't get behind Drop Dead Legs as #1, you're basically an IROC-Z owner from Kent.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,395
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Jump

But if you can't get behind Drop Dead Legs as #1, you're basically an IROC-Z owner from Kent.
    IROC-Z owners from Kent basically constitute the stereotypical DLR Van Halen fan in the 80's, and I am totally in for that.

Matter of fact, if you were of legal driving age and didn't own an IROC-Z in the 80's I would go so far as saying you're not a real DLR Van Halen fan.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jump

For sure.
    Founders Club
    Feeling Good on Muse's Origin of Symmetry album.

They included it because it's the singer/guitarist's mom's favorite song.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jump

IROC-Z owners from Kent basically constitute the stereotypical DLR Van Halen fan in the 80's, and I am totally in for that.

Matter of fact, if you were of legal driving age and didn't own an IROC-Z in the 80's I would go so far as saying you're not a real DLR Van Halen fan.
    So back in my childhood, Old Man @YellowSnow owned a smaller Chevrolet / Oldsmobuick dealership. Normally, he drove Corvettes in them days, but one day the Vette was getting services or something so he drove home an IROC-Z off the lot. Man, those things were underpowered pieces of shit.

Founders Club
    Yeah, pretty gutless until the 5.7 came out, although there were different levels of power in the 5.0 engine depending on trim level.

Fun fact about the Vettes of that era is that Buick had the fastest car under the GM umbrella with the Grand National / Turbo T / GNX. I owned 1987 Turbo T for several years.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2023

Yeah, pretty gutless until the 5.7 came out, although there were different levels of power in the 5.0 engine depending on trim level.

Fun fact about the Vettes of that era is that Buick had the fastest car under the GM umbrella with the Grand National / Turbo T / GNX. I owned 1987 Turbo T for several years.

It's crazy looking back how gutless the mid 80's Chevy small blocks were. My Dad's 1984 Vette had a 5.7 putting out 210 HP and 0- 60 in 7.0 secs.

My big, heavy ass Toyota Canyonero has a 5.7 liter IForce V-8 has 383 HP and does zero to 60 in 7.2.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think they started to taper off after 77…2 friends of mine had 77 Zs, and they kicked ass
    Founders Club
    The Z28 (Camaro), like all American muscle, went limp-dick after '74. Dark tims from then through the late-80's.

Nowadays, even the base Camaro turbo 4-cylinder would kick ass on almost any muscle car of yesteryear save for the big 396's, 440's, etc.
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Z28 (Camaro), like all American muscle, went limp-dick after '74. Dark tims from then through the late-80's.

Nowadays, even the base Camaro turbo 4-cylinder would kick ass on almost any muscle car of yesteryear save for the big 396's, 440's, etc.

Easily. When we were in HI last fall we had the shitty base model Mustang covetable which I think has an inline 4 with like 310 HP. 0-60 around 5 secs. It was fast as shit.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think Territorial Pissings is the worst song on Nevermind.
  • SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 563
    Standard Supporter
    Hard to pick a "favorite album"... maybe one that wore out the groves on teh LP. DSOTM, yeah Money is irritating. Wish You Were Here - no bad cut. But the favorite album here played over and over and over and over since the 70's must be Zep's Physical Graffiti. Boogie with Stu is probably the weakest cut. And it's still pretty good. It just kind of harshes your mellow when it comes on.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2023

Jump

So back in my childhood, Old Man @YellowSnow owned a smaller Chevrolet / Oldsmobuick dealership. Normally, he drove Corvettes in them days, but one day the Vette was getting services or something so he drove home an IROC-Z off the lot. Man, those things were underpowered pieces of shit.

Meh, depended on what engine you had and transmission.

Regardless of all the engines that were available (I’m not going through them) if you had a 5.7 350 like I did, it was significant. It would ape ass. I could set the tires on the back on fire.

Had one Turquoise green. Attention getter…and fast. Real fast. GTO fast. If someone didn’t know what I had, they’d be beat. Not Corvette fast, but close…

Grand Nationals back in that day were fast, ran a few of them, and GTO’s.

Wonder I didn’t kill myself in that car, really. Wrecked it more than a couple times..

Was running down a pod of mine in a Ford Thunderbird Supercharged (I think) and had ran him down on 2 lane HWY…he took a left about the time I caught him on another two lane road and there was one straight away right there and then curves forever so I knew I had to keep hammering and pass his ass when he turned on it. I was right on his ass when he turned and I hammered on the turn to try and pass and when I did, it got loose my tires on the passenger side hit loose rocks, which I went sliding sideways ultimately going off road sideways into a ditch where my passenger side rear tire hit a culvert…

Picked the whole car up In the air caus of the speed and landed me back straight in the road with a loud ass “Boom!” I was like, Fuuuuck!

Crunck it back up and put in drive and could hear the drive shaft beating off the blacktop…fk again. I looked in my driver side door mirror and my rearend was half way out from under my car in the road….Knocked my whole gat damn rearend out from under my car..that was one, I have more.
    :#

And that car you posted is fine, fine nostalgic sumbitch. I damn sure wouldn’t mind having it fitted with a 350, not 305 or 6 cylinder.
    edited April 2023
    SECDAWG said:

Jump

Meh, depended on what engine you had and transmission.

Regardless of all the engines that were available (I’m not going through them) if you had a 5.7 350 like I did, it was significant. It would ape ass. I could set the tires on the back on fire.

Had one Turquoise green. Attention getter…and fast. Real fast. GTO fast. If someone didn’t know what I had, they’d be beat. Not Corvette fast, but close…

Grand Nationals back in that day were fast, ran a few of them, and GTO’s.

Wonder I didn’t kill myself in that car, really. Wrecked it more than a couple times..

Was running down a pod of mine in a Ford Thunderbird Supercharged (I think) and had ran him down on 2 lane HWY…he took a left about the time I caught him on another two lane road and there was one straight away right there and then curves forever so I knew I had to keep hammering and pass his ass when he turned on it. I was right on his ass when he turned and I hammered on the turn to try and pass and when I did, it got loose my tires on the passenger side hit loose rocks, which I went sliding sideways ultimately going off road sideways into a ditch where my passenger side rear tire hit a culvert…

Picked the whole car up In the air caus of the speed and landed me back straight in the road with a loud ass “Boom!” I was like, Fuuuuck!

Crunck it back up and put in drive and could hear the drive shaft beating off the blacktop…fk again. I looked in my driver side door mirror and my rearend was half way out from under my car in the road….Knocked my whole gat damn rearend out from under my car..that was one, I have more.
    :#

And that car you posted is fine, fine nostalgic sumbitch. I damn sure wouldn’t mind having it fitted with a 350, not 305 or 6 cylinder.
    Was PS’ing…or addenduming…but it “timed out” like this vanillas shit does with the total fuck stick shit it does with no delete and can’t edit a post after half a gatdamn minute….

Anyway, was saying had a pod that had an IROC EXACTLY like that, black and beautiful, 350 HO…
    Around 1988 or 1990 or some shit, him
    And I would ride in mine or his to JR college back in the day and couldn’t keep the pussy out..that black and my turquoise(personal request caus of wrecks after it was silver) were bad ass…

Point I was going to make was, someone mentioned Van Halen and these.. well, true, but can’t leave out Def Leppard, Poison, Quiet Riot, Iron Maiden or GNR either. By Damn.
    edited April 2023
    Some more 1980’s Nostalgia of mine, Bad Ass Square body… have to tell y’all about it and it’s running gear one day. Won’t be disappointed. Was a TimberJack.

edited April 2023
    Yeah, this thread went off the rails. Needs to be 1980’s or
    Some shit. No one will see this good stuff looking at “worst song fuck stick bumblebee fuck me up the wazzu hairy pie”

(Predickting now, this will be a copy pasta somefucking where. Puh)
  • SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 563
    Standard Supporter
    Retard alert. JFC
    edited April 2023

Retard alert. JFC

Where? What? That it?

Yep. Agree
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

Yeah, this thread went off the rails. Needs to be 1980’s or
    Some shit. No one will see this good stuff looking at “worst song fuck stick bumblebee fuck me up the wazzu hairy pie”

(Predickting now, this will be a copy pasta somefucking where. Puh)

Delete