Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smalls couch sell

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    doogville said:

Did he even record one sack?

I could have sworn he had 1/2 a sack against Kent State. But the stats say he had zero sacks.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,571
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogville said:

Did he even record one sack?

I could have sworn he had 1/2 a sack against Kent State. But the stats say he had zero sacks.
    Better fit in the old scheme, aka Benning with a 5 ⭐ attached to his name by neckbeards.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The most important thing you can do in recruiting is to stack talented classes on top of each other for two primary reasons:

1) You create an internal culture full of competition and merit for the best players playing

2) I haven't run any kind of numbers on the topic but the reality is that there's a large % of 4 and 5 star players that for whatever reason will turn out to be JAGs or flame out for whatever reason

Smalls had every opportunity over the last 2-3 years to prove that he had a path to seeing significant snaps on the field ... he never proved that he was that guy

Wish him the best leaving the program but this is the right move for both sides

The worst thing that you can do when looking at recruiting is become too invested in the success of any individual player

But this is what happens with the Cult of TBS guys "This is the most important recruit in the history of the program".

It's just as silly as the mentality that interacting with teen bois on Twatter is affecting recruiting outcomes.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

haie said:

The TSIO guys, at least Dennis Coker and this guy, would be starting Smalls day 1 because of his history and recruiting status, regardless of performance.

Superior culture decision.

But how is Smalls not a shining example of Fast Strategy?

I'll be kind to DDY and acknowledge it has it's place, but it's not the fulcrum of success DDY wants it to be.

@Tequilla wrote:

The worst thing that you can do when looking at recruiting is become too invested in the success of any individual player

Have you shared this with Coker and DDY?
    I said versions of this often on the podcasts ... never about any individual player

The fast strategy stuff has some merit but at it's core its misguided ... and those that took it in a racial direction are lazy fucktards that can't get deeper than surface level BS

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2023
    Tequilla said:

No big program wanted him after his Junior season which is why he included WSU in his top 6 that spring and not UW. I think he and Joey Thomas thought this would make UW work harder for him and it worked. By the time his senior year was halfway over it was down to UW, the Coug and Oregon for optics only. Just my theory

Frankly, most Washington-based HS players are vastly overrated IMO

Way too many people blow smoke up their asses and tell them that they are better than they are
    TBH, most of those same dudes are Mariners Fans, Sounders Fans, and now Kraken Fans.

In other words, perpetual dreamers and wannabes who couldn't be objective if their sad lives depended on it.

Yes. It's True. I hate most of our fans.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe UW doesn’t need to build a wall after all.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Maybe he’s joining Huard
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Montana???

Doogles said:

There's a world where Trice and ZTF both leave and Smalls is a starter heading into his "breakout" season.

This tells me Durfee is killing it and Heims is going to tear down the wall when back from injury.

Best players play.

Also Smalls has been classy at UW and a great ambassador for the program off the field.

He needs to find a 3-4 scheme, just hasn't been explosive enough off the edge

He needs to find Montana
    They beat us you know.
    Link?

Citation?

Staff?