Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

No. 6 Oregon vs. No. 25 Washington Highlights | CFB on FOX

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've obviously watched these a few times before. Still, a few things that jumped out this time:

-Penix' posture and attacking on that first drive set a great tone, especially after the Pete years of careful and being scared of Oregon shit
    -Really botched the chance to go up 14-3 and 17-3. Left a lot of points on the table in the first half and the chance to get a cushion which would have been really big in that game. And yes Duck fans I know the Ducks left points on the table in the first too, but this is a Husky site so that's what I'm pointing out.
    -The defense couldn't get off the damn field on Oregon's final FG drive but they at least didn't just give up a bunch of chunk plays and made them work for it which paid off.
    -The nice break of not getting the late hit at the 15 second mark probably gets washed out by their baby Huey white chocolate tight end pushing Cook for no reason after the Franklin no catch and Franklin with a blatant taunting call every sideline staffer on Oregon thought just got called.
    -Damn on that :15 play with the fortunate no call on the late hit ZTF fucks up hard not even getting Irving to slow down because just getting him down before the sticks inbounds ends the game. And yes I know that's a tough open field tackle for a DE on a tough to tackle RB.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have it on dvr along with all the other games.

What really stuck out to me was after the goal line fumble in the first quarter by Oregon, when it panned the duck student section. Skinny brunette chick, not super hot but still wood.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

I have it on dvr along with all the other games.

What really stuck out to me was after the goal line fumble in the first quarter by Oregon, when it panned the duck student section. Skinny brunette chick, not super hot but still wood.

Duck fans made too much of that fumble. It didn't cost them anything. UW went 3 and out, gave them the ball back in plus territory, and they were in the end zone in a blink of an eye. It was a wash.
    Yeah, it really kind of just ran some clock off was all. Both teams basically had unforced turnovers from the one so they both were kind of a wash.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It was a game UW loses 10 of 10 times since 94..

Their only wins were blowouts

Which is why is was great.

And why the ducks here can't stop talking about it.

When Oregon had the chance to off a top 10 UW team they failed miserably in Seattle. And then second opportunity Pete gave it to them in 18.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's not in the highlights but totally forgot about the Big Ball Off between Deboer and Lanning right before the half. Both teams actually got kind of lucky no points swung and ultimately didn't affect the game.