Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Which Pac-10/12 defender have you feared the most?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
@WoolleyDoog's mention of Terrell Suggs got me to thinking. Suggs was a monster. Ronnie Lott for USC when I was a kid. Gabriel "Senor Sack" Rivera of Texas Tech in 1982.

Chuck Cecil for Arizona. Cornelius Bennett of Alabama in '86. Teddy Bruski of Arizona in '93 or so.

In the past ten years I'm sure there's been a few great ones but I don't remember anyone who "scared" me

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,126
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Jeremiah Pharms
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

@WoolleyDoog's mention of Terrell Suggs got me to thinking. Suggs was a monster. Ronnie Lott for USC when I was a kid. Gabriel "Senor Sack" Rivera of Texas Tech in 1982.

Chuck Cecil for Arizona. Cornelius Bennett of Alabama in '86. Teddy Bruski of Arizona in '93 or so.

In the past ten years I'm sure there's been a few great ones but I don't remember anyone who "scared" me

Sad to see how far the Pac10/12 has fallen
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,092
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When it comes to college, Ronnie Lott wasn’t close to what Kenny Easley was. Kenny Easley was da man.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

When it comes to college, Ronnie Lott wasn’t close to what Kenny Easley was. Kenny Easley was da man.

Blocked a punt in 78 that won the nationally televised season opener 10-7 at Husky Stadium

Good call
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    Swaye's Wigwam

How soon we forget Evan Weaver.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    Superior cullcher.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,314
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

How soon we forget Evan Weaver.

Yeah, fuck that guy.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,491
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I forgot Harrison Phillips too. It seemed like he single handedly was the Stanford defense in 2017. Trent Murphy for Stanford was scary too.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2023
    Dan Morgan, Ed Reed, etc...Basically the entire backfield of the '00 Miami Hurricanes.. @creepycoug

Edited for nobody in the last 25yrs scary in P12
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,126
    Founders Club
    Gotta admit I thought this was a fear of a guy in a dark alley. Now that I understand I will say Suggs was a bad motherfucker
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2023
    El_K said:

Kenney Easley is maybe my most favoritist football player ever, college or pro. Dan Marino is in there too. But when I was a kid, I wanted to be Kenney Easley. Only jersey of another human being (I know, lolz) I ever owned. That guy was ballz, and it was Sean Taylor's resemblance of him, physically and style of play, that made me love him so much. @whlinder @RoadDawg55

Easley was a fucking monster. Oh, the Advil. Poor guy. Seahawks fucked him good and then tried to forget he played here. He used to live in Woodinhood (may still) and I'd see him out on occasion. @DerekJohnson
  • Options
    edited March 2023

I still always mention Suggs as greatest players in any sport I've seen in person. Was at the UW game ASU where he got five sacks off Khalif Barnes. Just unreal.

I'm a broken record on DeForest Buckner. He just seemed to shut down the entire middle of the field and could still rush the passer. The Ball brothers had a nightmare game against UW I remember. Oddly, can't remember any of the defensive stars during the Pete Carroll years really feeling scary.

If he ever could have put it together mentally Vontaze Burfict could have been an all timer.

I feel like Maualuga was a pretty intimidating dude. And, yes, even with his mental issues, Burfict was a good example of someone I would just as soon rather not have to play.

Some of the old Huskies were pretty scary. Tim Meamber didn't seem like a very friendly dude between the lines. But this is other P12, so I'll stop there.
  • Options
    dannarc said:

Dan Morgan, Ed Reed, etc...Basically the entire backfield of the '00 Miami Hurricanes.. @creepycoug

Edited for nobody in the last 25yrs scary in P12

Al Blades inherited the family gene for hitting and basically being crazy ... like crazy pills crazy ... but unlike his brother Benny he was a bit of a liability against the pass. Always thought Miami should have put weight on him and made him a LB. He didn't have great instincts for the passing game and always wanted to come up field hard and make a hit on someone. Out of position. Reed was so fucking good, but Benny is the one I liked watching the most. He really did put fear in other teams. I watched him make Tim Brown not want to play in a game.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
    Founders Club
    edited March 2023
    dnc said:

Sad to see how far the Pac10/12 has fallen
    whoa.... my bad