Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A free online degree from ASU..

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
edited June 2014 in Tug Tavern
will help no one..except maybe ASU.

HTH

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014
    Outstanding move by ASU.

If they are funded by FTE the money they receive from the state will just go up and up.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Disagree.

It helps Starbucks with the image that they care about their employees.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited June 2014
    topdawgnc said:

Disagree.

Of course..I was referring to the employees. Lot's of FREE PUB! here. The Anti Walmart. People, not profits!!

businessinsider.com/walmarts-response-to-the-new-york-times-2014-6
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,572 Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't know Starbucks employees gave a shit about education.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

topdawgnc said:

Disagree.

Of course..I was referring to the employees. Lot's of FREE PUB! here. The Anti Walmart. People, not profits!!

The war on capitalism makes me fucking sick to my stomach.

I concede I will never have Mike Damone type BIG BUCKS.

But I appreciate the simple fact every corporation has a right to make a profit and nobody owes me anything ...

My favorite line from the article is that 28% of Americans hate Walmart ... and he points out 72% approval is kick ass.
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Disagree.

But I appreciate the simple fact every corporation has a right to make a profit and nobody owes me anything ...

My favorite line from the article is that 28% of Americans hate Walmart ... and he points out 72% approval is kick ass.
    The taxpayer is subsiding Walmart!!!!!!111111111!!!
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I can't support Walmart because of those big greedy corporate pigs forcing people to work for them at low wages. No one needs that much money to themselves... It just isn't fair.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited June 2014
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Disagree.

The war on capitalism was brought about by the excesses and abuses of those that use it as a tool of oppression and control, by scum companies like Goldman Sachs and Bear Stearns that are parasites on the economy, companies that give their CEO's golden parachutes so that they can jump ship while the companies they pillaged crumbled to the ground while the taxpayers are forced by the government to foot the bill to keep them afloat. Such companies need to just die and not be put on lifelines at our expense so that they can rape the taxpayer and economy again later on down the road. People are also disgusted and fed up by the big business interests in Washington paying off politicians and effectively making them stooges of special interests.

Most people agree that for now, capitalism is the best choice out of a small array of choices available, but it has also become corrupted and unbalanced. Just like there's a separation of church and state, there should also be a separation of capitalism and state, except to contain it when necessary, to root out and punish corruption, and to ensure that a few bastards don't end up controlling and running the entire system by and for themselves.

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Disagree.

The war on capitalism was brought about by the government fucking it up. the excesses and abuses of those that use it as a tool of oppression and control, by scum companies like Goldman Sachs and Bear Stearns that are parasites on the economy, companies that give their CEO's golden parachutes so that they can jump ship while the companies they pillaged crumbled to the ground while the taxpayers are forced by the government to foot the bill to keep them afloat. Such companies need to just die and not be put on lifelines at our expense so that they can rape the taxpayer and economy again later on down the road. People are also disgusted and fed up by the big business interests in Washington paying off politicians and effectively making them stooges of special interests.

Most people agree that for now, capitalism is the best choice out of a small array of choices available, but it has also become corrupted and unbalanced. Just like there's a separation of church and state, there should also be a separation of capitalism and state, except to contain it when necessary, to root out and punish corruption, and to ensure that a few bastards don't end up controlling and running the entire system by and for themselves.
    That's all that's needed here.

I am more disgusted by politicians accepting the payoff than the people doing the paying. How hard is for 535 people to control themselves?
    We the sheep don't have the stomach to try to control the politicians that are supposed to be representing us. Reading about Kim Kardashian's ass implants and what clubs Jay-Z and Beyoncé go to is more important to us.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    edited June 2014
    topdawgnc said:

Here is a hint.... the US was not founded as a capitalist nation, and it has never been truly capitalist.

Take away the government handouts that created the monopolies in railroads, mining, forestry, shipping, telecom, healthcare... and most of the oligopolies that make up the fortune 500... and we'd have a very different economy today. We might even have one that more people respected.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    OZONE said:

topdawgnc said:

Here is a hint.... the US was not founded as a capitalist nation, and it has never been truly capitalist.

Take away the government handouts that created the monopolies in railroads, mining, forestry, shipping, telecom, healthcare... and most of the oligopolies that make up the fortune 500... and we'd have a very different economy today. We might even have one that more people respected.

People respect Indonesia's economy?
    edited June 2014
    OZONE said:

topdawgnc said:

In a sense it was "founded" on capitalism. Private ownership of property and the means of production.

It was founded on a fundamental right to accumulate and own property (wealth). And yes, no monopoly has ever existed without significant government help. The closest we have had to capitalism was in the 1870s and 80s were real wages grew over 60%. Even then the government was fucking it up.

OZONE said:

topdawgnc said:

In a sense it was "founded" on capitalism. Private ownership of property and the means of production.

It was founded on a fundamental right to accumulate and own property (wealth). And yes, no monopoly has ever existed without significant government help. The closest we have had to capitalism was in the 1870s and 80s were real wages grew over 60%. Even then the government was fucking it up.
    Paying slaves is the WORST.
    I know, right? Plus others were super wealthy and the wasn't fair.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510

OZONE said:

topdawgnc said:

Stealing land by force from one group of people, so that another group of people could "privately" own it... doesn't count.
    edited June 2014
    Monopolies need to be destroyed whenever and wherever they sprout up. They are authoritarian, oppressive and just all around bad in nature, and shouldn't be allowed to exist in a true democracy. BTW we don't have a true democracy at all. But that's a whole different topic. Also we aren't allowed to truly own our land. We pay the government 'rent' for the right to 'own' our own property. It's called property taxes. And we have to wait for the fucking government to approve what we want to do with and to our property. Better not take a piss in that new bathroom addition you added to your own house without paying the extortion...I mean permit, fee.