Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,721
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2023
    How fucking horrible is this conference that Oregon got a 1st round bye in the conference tourney. Jensus.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Losing to UCLA by 10 today will be special
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2023
    UCLA blows out Oregon in second half. Final: UCLA, 75-56.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    trublue said:

UCLA blows out Oregon in second half. Final: UCLA, 75-56.

Thanks Jim Nantz
    edited March 2023
    Eric DeVere Jackson
    @EricDevere
    Replying to
    @jarrid_denney
    Bruh, it's Spring Break and you're playing in the NIT. Be thankful to the 3300 that did show up.

Missed the UW men’s basketball score today.

Got an update?

How’s Hop doing?

Don’t waste your time responding. I could care less about NCAA D-1 college basketball.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    trublue said:

Eric DeVere Jackson
    @EricDevere
    Replying to
    @jarrid_denney
    Bruh, it's Spring Break and you're playing in the NIT. Be thankful to the 3300 that did show up.

Got an update?

How’s Hop doing?

Don’t waste your time responding. I could care less about NCAA D-1 college basketball.

UW lost to Villanova in double OT. Finished the year 23-8. Thanks for asking
    Update: I care a little bit about NCAA Men’s Basketball, particularly when the board Administrator floats a GIGANTIC WHOPPER about the UW’s men basketball program.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    trublue said:

Update: I care a little bit about NCAA Men’s Basketball, particularly when the board Administrator floats a GIGANTIC WHOPPER about the UW’s men basketball program.

I watched the entire game on Lifetime
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Oregon had a BB game last night? Dana, cry more. Your team looked like a bunch of rec league guys thrown together this year. Mostly unwatchable "team."
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

Eric DeVere Jackson
    @EricDevere
    Replying to
    @jarrid_denney

Got an update?

How’s Hop doing?

I believe Hopkins has now won two straight on Dana. What sports did Oregon actually beat UW at this year? Women's basketball?
    edited March 2023
    Congrats on beating Oregon! Can’t imagine how much worse Washington would have been without those two wins.

Washington ended the season 8-12 in Conference, tied for 8th, with only three teams with worse conference records. Washington team finished with .500 season record.

Beat Oregon. Nothing else matters.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

Congrats on beating Oregon! Can’t imagine how much worse Washington would have been without those two wins.

Washington ended the season 8-12 in Conference, tied for 8th, with only three teams with worse conference records. Washington team finished with .500 season record.

Beat Oregon. Nothing else matters.

I'm just pointing out some facts here. You?r coach is the basketball equivalent of Chris Petersen. Hasn't been the same since Pritchard graduated.

Was listening to PDX radio on the way to a brewery this afternoon and listened to all the usual quook whining about it.

"Your fanbase is 2+ hours away, what do you expect"

"People aren't as into Matthew Knight arena, they long for Mac Court almost collapsing on them in the 4th quarter during the magical Ernie Kent days"

🥱
    Can’t disagree with anything you’re saying.

Altman’s done a good job over his time in Eugene considering the obstacles head coaches must deal with, e.g., one and done; transfers over playing time; chasing the dream; NIL the latest. These changes have burst the fantasy that most student-athletes gave a shit about academics.

He’s a little too sleazy for my taste, but it’s the world we live in. Winning is everything.

The “progress” has been good for the players, but really hard to give a shit about men’s or women’s college basketball when there are totally new faces on the court every year.

P.S. I don’t long for Mac Court. It was a dump.

I enjoyed basketball in the good old days. Going to the Final Four in 1979 in SLC, seeing Magic vs. Bird. Going to Final Four in 1980 in Indianapolis seeing Iowa, Purdue, UCLA’s young team and Louisville.

It’s getting tougher to be a head coach in college basketball as each year passes.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    trublue said:

Altman’s done a good job over his time in Eugene considering the obstacles head coaches must deal with, e.g., one and done; transfers over playing time; chasing the dream; NIL the latest. These changes have burst the fantasy that most student-athletes gave a shit about academics.

He’s a little too sleazy for my taste, but it’s the world we live in. Winning is everything.

The “progress” has been good for the players, but really hard to give a shit about men’s or women’s college basketball when there are totally new faces on the court every year.

I enjoyed basketball in the good old days. Going to the Final Four in 1979 in SLC, seeing Magic vs. Bird. Going to Final Four in 1980 in Indianapolis seeing Iowa, Purdue, UCLA’s young team and Louisville.

It’s getting tougher to be a head coach in college basketball as each year passes.

Altman is very good coach and any duck would be a fool to go fishing for someone else. The tell is that his teams tend to get better as the season plays out. He's had some shitty luck with ill-timed injuries. He's been in the final four in the not too distant past and was an eyelash from the finals, where I think they had a very good shot at beating Gonzaga.

Swaye's Wigwam

trublue said:

Altman is very good coach and any duck would be a fool to go fishing for someone else. The tell is that his teams tend to get better as the season plays out. He's had some shitty luck with ill-timed injuries. He's been in the final four in the not too distant past and was an eyelash from the finals, where I think they had a very good shot at beating Gonzaga.

Richardson I'm sure was some really sought after player in high school but he's been an absolute miss. Couple other players don't seem to have lived up to their billing. As far as I can tell that seems to be the problem and I didn't watch a lot of their games this year but when I did Altman had that 2019 Petersen 'I fucking hate my team' look on his face.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

trublue said:

Richardson I'm sure was some really sought after player in high school but he's been an absolute miss. Couple other players don't seem to have lived up to their billing. As far as I can tell that seems to be the problem and I didn't watch a lot of their games this year but when I did Altman had that 2019 Petersen 'I fucking hate my team' look on his face.
    I think that's right. I think Richardson was a big miss amongst others.
    46XiJCAB said:

Oregon had a BB game last night? Dana, cry more. Your team looked like a bunch of rec league guys thrown together this year. Mostly unwatchable "team."

Good column.
    https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2023/03/bill-oram-if-dana-altman-wants-fans-in-the-stands-he-has-to-give-them-a-reason-to-show-up.html