Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

All is Right in the Husky World As Ulofoshio Runs with No. 1 Defense

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I would love him and ZTF to really be back to their 2020 level this year. They were easily the top 2 players in the front 7 during the shortened 2020 season.

Ulo could make the biggest difference relative to what he replaces. I'm of the opinion that the inside backers hurt the defense almost as bad as the secondary most of the time, and sometimes worse such as the UCLA and Oregon games.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Thanks Taft!

DRFS trigger warning for @Mad_Son
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

I would love him and ZTF to really be back to their 2020 level this year. They were easily the top 2 players in the front 7 during the shortened 2020 season.

Ulo could make the biggest difference relative to what he replaces. I'm of the opinion that the inside backers hurt the defense almost as bad as the secondary most of the time, and sometimes worse such as the UCLA and Oregon games.
    I expected more from Bright and Moll flashed but didn't play all that much. Tuputala was always behind Ulofoshio, so now that he's healthy, I expect him to be ILB1. Goforth will be the most interesting story this offseason and whether he jumps Tuputala or he's second string with Bruener
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Founders Club
    I’m a little short ZTF. He was all world in 2020, but that was only a 4 game season. Injured 2021. Average in 2022 coming back from the injury. All the hype was based on 2020 and that was a super small sample under bizarre circumstances. I hope I’m wrong.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,071
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Thanks Taft!

TYFYS
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Thanks Taft!

TYFYS
    YWFMS
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    AEB said:

I’m a little short ZTF. He was all world in 2020, but that was only a 4 game season. Injured 2021. Average in 2022 coming back from the injury. All the hype was based on 2020 and that was a super small sample under bizarre circumstances. I hope I’m wrong.

He was better than average last year. Short on sacks but a lot of pressures.
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Thanks Nacho!

Thank you for thanking me for thanking Taft Pawz!
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bright sucked, but not sure that's entirely his fault alone. A lot of the defensive issues seem to have come from the players not always understanding the new scheme. There were a lot of plays where the DAWGS were still scrambling to get in position when the ball snapped
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

AEB said:

He was better than average last year. Short on sacks but a lot of pressures.
    I want to be wrong. I also felt that he lost contain more than I remembered.

Another year in the D and an improved secondary should help.