Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Didn't read of course but I have this feeling that this DeBoer fella may be cut from a different cloth. A winning one. I can hear Pete talking about how HARD it is to meet expectations because it's HARD and you know HARD

I think DeBoer is like bring it the fuck on

I reserve the right to hate his guts when UW goes 6-6

The biggest difference is that DeBoer wants to be a coach. Pete, not so much

Its telling that Pete hasn't gone back into coaching since he retired
    Pete is too concerned about his long-term health and being a family man.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Didn't read of course but I have this feeling that this DeBoer fella may be cut from a different cloth. A winning one. I can hear Pete talking about how HARD it is to meet expectations because it's HARD and you know HARD

Kids have bought in and are working harder than ever.

Really. It seems like it's for real. Deboer thinks he can win every game because he's done it before. Players either like him or are afraid of failing, or abundance. It's all good stuff. I'm confident this will be a well prepared team and coaching staff.

6-6 is easy. What's hard is deciding whether to hate after a loss or two. I'm still not sure where my head will be.
    There’s always more room for hate in my heart. There’s a lot that could go wrong this year. They lose a game or two and then everyone is thinking about the nfl and not getting hurt.

Another year of shitty defense is enough for me to keep the hate alive.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

Really. It seems like it's for real. Deboer thinks he can win every game because he's done it before. Players either like him or are afraid of failing, or abundance. It's all good stuff. I'm confident this will be a well prepared team and coaching staff.

6-6 is easy. What's hard is deciding whether to hate after a loss or two. I'm still not sure where my head will be.
    There’s always more room for hate in my heart. There’s a lot that could go wrong this year. They lose a game or two and then everyone is thinking about the nfl and not getting hurt.

Another year of shitty defense is enough for me to keep the hate alive.
    @whatshouldicareabout
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A lot of @haie in the room
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Well, he's changed some things surprisingly fast and got me interested again, last season was great compared to what the norm has been. Beating Oregon, Bo Nix knee and Sark was great. We have a coach that strikes me as honest, hard working, and holds guys accountable and doesn't like losing to punks
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

DeBoer works well at UW because he is a nice guy. He seems like a no-nonsense, nice guy. A real hard ass does not work at UW because we have a soft culture and the media would jump all over the program if players were complaining about the coaching being too tough.
    He's a nice guy but his expectations are high and very clear. I wouldn't want to be the guy dragging down a position group in drills or making stupid mistakes. I think he's a subtle killer when it comes to holding people accountable.

He kills with kindness.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,967
    Founders Club

chuck said:

DeBoer works well at UW because he is a nice guy. He seems like a no-nonsense, nice guy. A real hard ass does not work at UW because we have a soft culture and the media would jump all over the program if players were complaining about the coaching being too tough.
    Imagine if Jim Owens tried the Death Marches in 2023
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Washington can never have nice things
    The PAC 12 is a dumpster fire
    Notre Dame pays a lot of money
    Recruiting is much easier at Norte Dame

Enjoy him while we can, in my opinion He gone…
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

False.

He told Nebraska to fuck off. Grubb turned down A&M and Bama to at least see this roster through.

UW for all their virtue signaling gay shit silently acknowledges that they need to step up for this staff and they have.

But mainly, Notre Dame has problems. Not only did Brian Kelly decide he couldn't win there anymore, but Brian Kelly also saw the writing on the wall. They're too prideful to join a conference but they have major issues. They almost went 0-2 against the Bay schools at home.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Thanks Taft!

Thanks Nacho!

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Race is right. Winners win. That is a thing in business and football. Deboer is a winner. He is meticulous and resonates real with the kids. He is detail oriented and is hungry. Coach Pete was great but lacked the hunger. We got a very lucky hire and I believe we are in for a few good years of Husky football in our future. Hopefully he won't be swayed away to a blue blood and stays true to UW for giving him a chance in the big leagues.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Thanks Taft!

Thanks Nacho!

Thank you for thanking me for thanking Taft Pawz!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,967
    Founders Club
    haie said:

False.

He told Nebraska to fuck off. Grubb turned down A&M and Bama to at least see this roster through.

UW for all their virtue signaling gay shit silently acknowledges that they need to step up for this staff and they have.

But mainly, Notre Dame has problems. Not only did Brian Kelly decide he couldn't win there anymore, but Brian Kelly also saw the writing on the wall. They're too prideful to join a conference but they have major issues. They almost went 0-2 against the Bay schools at home.
    Some of this is conjecture. It's quite possible that Brian Kelly wore out his welcome at Notre Dame. Same with Brian Kelly at Notre Dame.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

haie said:

False.

Some of this is conjecture. It's quite possible that Brian Kelly wore out his welcome at Notre Dame. Same with Brian Kelly at Notre Dame.
    Killing ND students can become a downer