Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Interesting quote from Dillon Johnson

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I was just posting a Mike Vorel story in the Wigwam, and this section of the article was interesting:

“I feel like [UW offensive coordinator Ryan] Grubb does a really, really good job of putting the running backs in different places,” said Johnson, who has two seasons of eligibility remaining. “They line them up at receiver, at running back. Their run schemes — outside zone, inside zone, gap schemes — all of it will translate to the next level. That really intrigued me about him and about Washington.”

So, despite knowing precious little about UW when he entered the transfer portal, Johnson visited Washington this winter. He was immediately immersed in an unfamiliar environment.

Which is exactly what he wanted.

“I’m a small-town guy. It was really, really country [where I grew up], to be honest,” Johnson said Sunday. “That was my first time going into a big city like that, seeing the big places, the big buildings, the beautiful lakes and scenery. To be honest, that was really the main thing that stuck out to me on the visit — just how different it was from where I’m from.

“I wanted something different. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and get used to being out of my comfort zone, because when you get to the NFL not many teams are close to home.”

Comments

• JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I was just posting a Mike Vorel story in the Wigwam, and this section of the article was interesting:

“I feel like [UW offensive coordinator Ryan] Grubb does a really, really good job of putting the running backs in different places,” said Johnson, who has two seasons of eligibility remaining. “They line them up at receiver, at running back. Their run schemes — outside zone, inside zone, gap schemes — all of it will translate to the next level. That really intrigued me about him and about Washington.”

So, despite knowing precious little about UW when he entered the transfer portal, Johnson visited Washington this winter. He was immediately immersed in an unfamiliar environment.

Which is exactly what he wanted.

“I’m a small-town guy. It was really, really country [where I grew up], to be honest,” Johnson said Sunday. “That was my first time going into a big city like that, seeing the big places, the big buildings, the beautiful lakes and scenery. To be honest, that was really the main thing that stuck out to me on the visit — just how different it was from where I’m from.

“I wanted something different. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and get used to being out of my comfort zone, because when you get to the NFL not many teams are close to home.”

Sounds like he should have gone to Columbus
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Raved about the ribs from Ribs-N-Rickshaw. Different, different
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Looks like we should be doubling down on our "Greatest Setting" marketing strategy
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I heard he was about to commit to Riley over the phone but hung up on him when he stumbled across the fish throwing at the market
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

He's right and I loved throwing to RBs out of the backfield in Tecmo and RBs on wheel routes in EA Sports CFB on the Playstation. Good times.

Sounds like ESPN needs to do a 30-for-30 on you
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    “Johnson sticking himself into something new”
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wait til he sees the public transportation and delicious fruits. Go dawgs!

What about the language barrier?