Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon supposedly asking Big 12 if they could join without signing Grant of Rights

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Who is Grant of Rights and does he poast linger here?
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

It means that the conference keeps your school’s TV rights if you move to another TV conference.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sandra6 said:

HFNY said:

It means that the conference keeps your school’s TV rights if you move to another TV conference.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,560
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Last June I predicted half-seriously that Jen Cohen would lead UW right into Mountain West membership. That is becoming uncomfortably close to reality.

Washington will be fine, too many inherent advantages.

We just remember the Iron Laws.

As of right now, we’re so fine that we’re in a conference that’s considering putting games on Apple TV, and adding San Diego State and SMU as members. Rumors for our conference’s TV deal were as low as $24 million yesterday, although the PAC might get more money in exchange for putting games on Apple TV where no one can watch, And we’ll soon probably have to sign a TV deal to lock ourselves into the PAC for at least five years.

This is not fine. Honestly, if you’re not in panic mode right now then you’re not paying attention.
    Washington has a seat at the table of whatever "New World Order" takes over college football.

The Pac is dead, no shit. Washington is very much alive and too lucrative of a puzzle piece to not be included into the top tier of competition.

Super conferences are coming and we're not going to be left out.

But the PAC is dead.

Then why hasn’t the Big Ten invited us? If they were ever going to invite us, why didn’t they invite us at least six months ago? And why did the Big Ten university presidents fire commissioner Kevin Warren, who wanted to invite us? Time had basically run out for a Big Ten invite-we’re going to have to sign a Grant of Rights soon.

Some people on here really don’t realize how terrible this situation is.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Last June I predicted half-seriously that Jen Cohen would lead UW right into Mountain West membership. That is becoming uncomfortably close to reality.

As of right now, we’re so fine that we’re in a conference that’s considering putting games on Apple TV, and adding San Diego State and SMU as members. Rumors for our conference’s TV deal were as low as $24 million yesterday, although the PAC might get more money in exchange for putting games on Apple TV where no one can watch, And we’ll soon probably have to sign a TV deal to lock ourselves into the PAC for at least five years.

This is not fine. Honestly, if you’re not in panic mode right now then you’re not paying attention.
    Washington has a seat at the table of whatever "New World Order" takes over college football.

The Pac is dead, no shit. Washington is very much alive and too lucrative of a puzzle piece to not be included into the top tier of competition.

But the PAC is dead.

Then why hasn’t the Big Ten invited us? If they were ever going to invite us, why didn’t they invite us at least six months ago? And why did the Big Ten university presidents fire commissioner Kevin Warren, who wanted to invite us? Time had basically run out for a Big Ten invite-we’re going to have to sign a Grant of Rights soon.

Why? They got Maryland and Rutgers. They're full.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sandra6 said:

Then why hasn’t the Big Ten invited us?

fake answer: warren is out in april, they arent doing a deal before the new commish is installed.

real answer: we?'re holding out for the nfc north.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

Sandra6 said:

Doogles said:

But the PAC is dead.

A reminder that you're on a website with people that expect the situation to be terrible and are rarely disappointed

@whatshouldicareabout ?! Room ??!!??
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

uw/oregon putting aside their differences and coming together to kill off the pac is truly special. reminds me of the time during covid season where byu flexed with the 'anyone, anytime, anywhere' but when uw said 'we gotta play at home' they backed off only to be trolled by oregon fans.

sometimes rivals can come together and make the world a better place, not always, but sometimes.

pic relevant:

To quote chang kai Shek; “UW is a disease of the skin, byu is a disease of the heart”
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,917
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

And if I spoke to you in 2007 you would have told me how Washington could never go 0-12
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I am excited for the 4 corner schools to leave and the academic smack talkers can Jack off about being in a leftover shit pile with cal and Stanford.

School better figure it out quick or we will be searching for a coach again after our swan song this season. Either way….
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,158
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I am excited for the 4 corner schools to leave and the academic smack talkers can Jack off about being in a leftover shit pile with cal and Stanford.

School better figure it out quick or we will be searching for a coach again after our swan song this season. Either way….

We'll always have our last off season natty
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I don't think they are going to do that. UCF, Cincinatti, Houston?

It's Mountain West Central in the Big 12
  • Options

Doogles said:

And if I spoke to you in 2007 you would have told me how Washington could never go 0-12

Honestly, in 2007 I would have thought the odds that we would go 0-12 the next year were higher than the odds that we’d be in such a terrible conference situation 16 years later.