Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

its not over for the pac 10!

2»

Comments

• Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,645
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Get the fuck out. Maybe worth it for Oregon and UW to join the ACC, which is insane but fuck, I don't know what else to do if the Big Ten isn't an option.

You really think upper campus/leopard print would really go to ACC for football sake with what that would do to women's tennis, cross country, etc?

I would be more than shocked. UW is fucked until the Big 10 wants to expand again... I think it's the only hope.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Pac-12 is a small timey dumpster fire. Left behind and soon to be forgotten.

Pac12 is destined to one day be the answer to a trivia question, a la the Southwest Conference
    point taken here but to be fair, the swc gave a shit about football.
    Once upon a time the Pac 10 did too
    January 1, 1985

Fiesta Bowl: UCLA 39, Miami 37
    Rose Bowl: USC 20, Ohio State 17
    Orange Bowl: Washington 28, Oklahoma 17
    Citation provided

Once upon a time USC and UW were 1 and 2 in NFL players
    Once upon a tim, Stonehenge was just survey flags and a "Coming Soon" sign too.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,407
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Have they received the KCTS bid?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Have they received the KCTS bid?

• Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147

If you’d told me twenty years ago that UW would be in a conference with Utah, SDSU and SMU and not in a conference with USC and UCLA I’d have told you that upper campus finally scrapped the football program and that UW was showcasing their Olympic sports in the Mountain West Conference. I’m not sure if reality is better.

Yeah. Despite how many PAC 12 championship games Utah keeps going to, I honestly still consider them an MWC team.

And SMU and SDSU? WTF-they weren't even "BCS busters" like Utah was.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Imagine putting the pac12 office building across the street from google and youtube tv and not being able to work out a broadcast deal with them.

It was so fucking easy... google/youtube has always wanted to aggressively expand into sports... it was all right fucking there.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,489
    Sandra6 said:

If you’d told me twenty years ago that UW would be in a conference with Utah, SDSU and SMU and not in a conference with USC and UCLA I’d have told you that upper campus finally scrapped the football program and that UW was showcasing their Olympic sports in the Mountain West Conference. I’m not sure if reality is better.

Yeah. Despite how many PAC 12 championship games Utah keeps going to, I honestly still consider them an MWC team.

And SMU and SDSU? WTF-they weren't even "BCS busters" like Utah was.
    TBF, most of the schools in the Pac-12 are MWC teams
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,559
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The PAC 12 losing or barely beating made the MWC the powerhouse they are today