Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky QB Commit Austin Mack Will Reclassify, Show Up Next Fall

2»

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,410 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

This is fantastic news, getting him in with our strength staff is going to do wonders for him. DeBoer clearly has seen enough of him in HS, and given his god tier track record of QB development I’m surprised some of you aren’t fans of this.

Him reclassifying also brings the lulz:

Suck it, Lincoln.

He's just really young with limited reps. JT Daniels was the first wonderboy to try it and he'd been starting at Mater Dei multiple years.

That being said, taking a step back, he has a much better frame than JT.

Another positive perspective is that for being a high 4 star, he's still relatively under the radar nationally. We've already been cucked once in this class, and with how unpredictable the NIL/Portal era has been, it's best If we can get him on campus before BIG/SEC start taking notice.

It sounds like he could very well have moved into 5-star territory remaining in HS for 2024. If Mack is indeed "Him", then he'll be well positioned to take over as a RFR.

Also, experiencing 2023 with all the star pieces in place will do wonders for the transfer of the culture. Instead of hearing second hand from D-MO of "what it was like" w/ Penix and Grubb running the show, he'll be in the locker room with them and can carry that over to the next generation of recruits.

I'm good with it. He's either the next big thing, or the next QB transfer.
    This is a good point. Plus getting reps against college players is probably better than throwing for a ton of yards against NorCal jabronis ala Jake Browning.

I think John David Booty was the first guy to do the full year ahead thing and ended up being super mid on stacked USC teams.

Gotta give my friend credit who said Eason would never be elite because he had a flat ass. He also said JT Daniels would never do anything because he was too strange looking and posted stuff on Twitter making signs and shit with his girlfriend.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,513 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

This is fantastic news, getting him in with our strength staff is going to do wonders for him. DeBoer clearly has seen enough of him in HS, and given his god tier track record of QB development I’m surprised some of you aren’t fans of this.

Him reclassifying also brings the lulz:

Suck it, Lincoln.

He's just really young with limited reps. JT Daniels was the first wonderboy to try it and he'd been starting at Mater Dei multiple years.

That being said, taking a step back, he has a much better frame than JT.

Another positive perspective is that for being a high 4 star, he's still relatively under the radar nationally. We've already been cucked once in this class, and with how unpredictable the NIL/Portal era has been, it's best If we can get him on campus before BIG/SEC start taking notice.

It sounds like he could very well have moved into 5-star territory remaining in HS for 2024. If Mack is indeed "Him", then he'll be well positioned to take over as a RFR.

Also, experiencing 2023 with all the star pieces in place will do wonders for the transfer of the culture. Instead of hearing second hand from D-MO of "what it was like" w/ Penix and Grubb running the show, he'll be in the locker room with them and can carry that over to the next generation of recruits.

I'm good with it. He's either the next big thing, or the next QB transfer.
    Can’t wait to see him take the field in San Luis Opispo