Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sean McGrew

Comments

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,174
    edited February 2023
    idgaf about what you think about me so here's a twat sayin i dont care what you think about me.

plot twist, he really cares.

written by larry scott
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,500 Founders Club

idgaf about what you think about me so here's a twat sayin i dont care what you think about me.

plot twist, he really cares.

written by larry scott

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

If you spent your career being a mis-utilized undersized back constantly being asked to run up the middle on first down into terrible blocking for 3-4 years you'd be bitter too

Gaskin ran for 2,648 yards and Ahmed ran for 2,016 during those years

The Lake and Donovan years were disasters
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    edited February 2023

If you spent your career being a mis-utilized undersized back constantly being asked to run up the middle on first down into terrible blocking for 3-4 years you'd have CTE too

• theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344

From the /r/huskies sub

I am still flabbergasted when anyone is flabbergasted about the relative intelligence of division 1 football (or basketball) players. Just watch the interviews and the struggle to answer in even somewhat clear and complete sentences simple and canned and perfunctory questions that have been asked a trillion times i.

I was a volunteer tutor at the EOP back in the day, and players came in. Lolz. The best times were when they came in with a shitty paper with a shitty grade from some prof who had not yet been brought into the fold with the AD, and said shitty paper had clearly not been written by the player because they almost never had the first clue about the topic or book or prompt or really anything. So, you're cheating, but the person you're cheating with is also a dumb shit. Brilliant.

I don't know why we pretend this isn't the case. Even at Northwestern and Stanford, by and large you are talking about kids who don't belong at the university. Yes, there are exceptions, but that's what they are.

If you want to cheer for legitimately bright kids who can truly stand on their own academically, watch the Ivy League and high-end Division 3. Don't watch D1. If you want to watch great football, don't.

Don’t watch D2 either, lower standards to qualify out of HS, it was worse academically than my Junior College.

I got paid 150$ to write a 350 WORD essay by three teammates, all in the same class, criminal justice 101. It was about the “legalities” of being a security guard….
    Easiest 450$ I made in my life.

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,801 Founders Club

Let’s all hear what the blatant racist has to say!
    I’ll be looking at some point because I can’t quit his kind of racism. I have to look!!!!
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344

I tutored athletes in the UW AD for a few months. There was one football player who legit could not read. Or at like, 4th grade level. Completely lost, no comprehension basically.

Neuheisel era.

My stint in college football taught me that some schools down south really do not teach shit to their students. I know of 6 former teammates (4 in JC, 2 in 4 year) who couldn’t read when they got to college, none of them were born above the Mason-Dixon Line.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,993

I tutored athletes in the UW AD for a few months. There was one football player who legit could not read. Or at like, 4th grade level. Completely lost, no comprehension basically.

Neuheisel era.

In case anybody wonders if this is exaggeration, it is not. I absolutely 100% believe this.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,993

whlinder said:

I mean, he ran really hard as a DaWg.

Usually the hardest running RBs are the dumbest.

@CoreyDillon true?
    Generally running backs are among the worst. Interesting, it was often said that O linemen were often some of the smartest dudes on the team. My limited samples size is consistent with that take.

Running back is all instinct. Some technique in pass blocking, but by an large can be the dumbest guy on the field because he doens't really have to think or cooperate with anyone most of the time.