Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What Yella Board tournament would you most like to see this off season?

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rock Battle of the Band NIT (i.e., all the bands that I fucked over with no bid)
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Abundance.

Shitty tournaments keep this place running from January - July.

I'm personally inclined towards a Battle of the Band NIT.

Prolly give Alice in Chains a 4 seeds just for @dnc enjoyment
    AiC will be declining the chinvitation to your shitty consolation prize tourney in continued protest of the great Yella Bored tragedy of 2018.

1.5 albums bruh. That's it.

They deserved to get in and I offered my mea culpa, but the severity of the snub isn't as bad you imagine.

#WastedTalent
    WTF Yella? I see no real contrition. Your mea culpa is coming out the side of your mouth and I can sense your eyes rolling.

Three full length albums, all masterpieces, and two killer EPs. There were plenty of bands in the tourney who didn't come close in terms of quantity or quality.

My contrition at the time, is if Soundgarden gets in then AiC should have.

But PJ and Nirvana are both way ahead in terms of quality output.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Best Sports Film?

dnc said:

dnc said:

Abundance.

AiC will be declining the chinvitation to your shitty consolation prize tourney in continued protest of the great Yella Bored tragedy of 2018.

They deserved to get in and I offered my mea culpa, but the severity of the snub isn't as bad you imagine.

#WastedTalent
    1.5 albums? TF???

Assuming the half album is Jar Of Flies and the one is Dirt, you're eliminating Facelift (triple platinum) and Alice in Chains (double platinum).

They're 3.5 albums strong before you get to Live albums/compilations/stuff after Layne/Sap. It's not a deep discography but it's deeper than, say, Nirvana.

I honestly don't disagree about Wasted Talent but that's the story of a lot of great bands.
    Facelift and Alice in Chains aren't really considered "classic" 5 star type albums in the way Dirt and Jar of Flies are. Hence, 1.5.

I don't count Bleach for Nirvana. But they've got 2 all timers + a collection of B sides which featured some of there best known cuts. And their Live album is so far ahead of anything else in that era.
    So not 1.5 albums just 1.5 albums that meet your random criteria.

AiC's Unplugged album > Nirvana's (and I love Nirvana's)

Didn't have to do covers for half the album because their stuff actually works acoustically and still damn near twice as long.

AiC even had the decency to write a song about you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmtRHsriJTQ
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rock Battle of the Band NIT (i.e., all the bands that I fucked over with no bid)
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Abundance.

#WastedTalent
    1.5 albums? TF???

Assuming the half album is Jar Of Flies and the one is Dirt, you're eliminating Facelift (triple platinum) and Alice in Chains (double platinum).

They're 3.5 albums strong before you get to Live albums/compilations/stuff after Layne/Sap. It's not a deep discography but it's deeper than, say, Nirvana.

I honestly don't disagree about Wasted Talent but that's the story of a lot of great bands.
    Facelift and Alice in Chains aren't really considered "classic" 5 star type albums in the way Dirt and Jar of Flies are. Hence, 1.5.

I don't count Bleach for Nirvana. But they've got 2 all timers + a collection of B sides which featured some of there best known cuts. And their Live album is so far ahead of anything else in that era.
    So not 1.5 albums just 1.5 albums that meet your random criteria.

AiC's Unplugged album > Nirvana's (and I love Nirvana's)

Didn't have to do covers for half the album because their stuff actually works acoustically and still damn near twice as long.

AiC even had the decency to write a song about you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmtRHsriJTQ
    It's the covers that make Nirvana Unplugged the GOAT.

Of course it's random criteria. It's rock music arguing which is highly subjective.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2023
    Greatest Actor of All Time?

chuck said:

dnc said:

Abundance.

#WastedTalent
    WTF Yella? I see no real contrition. Your mea culpa is coming out the side of your mouth and I can sense your eyes rolling.

Three full length albums, all masterpieces, and two killer EPs. There were plenty of bands in the tourney who didn't come close in terms of quantity or quality.

My contrition at the time, is if Soundgarden gets in then AiC should have.

But PJ and Nirvana are both way ahead in terms of quality output.
    PJ never produced a song that matches up with the 15-20 best AIC songs unless you're a bigger fan of 90s top 40 radio than rock and roll.

Also... AIC>Soundgarden>Nirvana>Pearl Jam. PJ = 90s PC schlock. They had the musical chops, but were a pussy brand of hard rock.

I'm exaggerating a bit, but really don't like Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    Founders Club
    Best Sports Film?

whlinder said:

My interest ranking:
    1 greatest battle (I like MIDWAY)
    2 sports movie (who will finish runner up to Remember the Titans?)
    3 rock band NIT
    4 actor
    5 westerns

TYFYS

I'm especially intrigued by the greatest battles concept and think it could be a lot of fun. Probably would be 32 spots vs 64.

Midway
    D-Day
    Incheon for @DerekJohnson
    Gettysburg
    Vicksburg
    Saint-Mihiel
    Antietam
    Saratoga
    Yorktown
    Trenton
    Belleau Wood
    Mexico City
    Battle of Manilla

Also what do we do about strategic retreats like Bunker Hill or Chosin where we gave up the ground but butt fucked our enemies? @CFetters_Nacho_Lover can we count these?

Just gotta figure out the best way to seed everything
    Yes, those count. I’d also add the Battle of the Bulge AKA the German Ardennes counteroffensive if for no other reasons than people making fun of Fetters and his bulging belly but also for the FREE PUB for #myCurrahees and “Nuts”.

Maybe we should do a spin off of great military quotes as well.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

My interest ranking:
    3 rock band NIT
    4 actor
    5 westerns

TYFYS

I'm especially intrigued by the greatest battles concept and think it could be a lot of fun. Probably would be 32 spots vs 64.

Midway
    D-Day
    Gettysburg
    Vicksburg
    Saint-Mihiel
    Antietam
    Saratoga
    Yorktown
    Trenton
    Belleau Wood
    Mexico City
    Battle of Manilla

Also what do we do about strategic retreats like Bunker Hill or Chosin where we gave up the ground but butt fucked our enemies? @CFetters_Nacho_Lover can we count these?

Yes, those count. I’d also add the Battle of the Bulge AKA the German Ardennes counteroffensive if for no other reasons than people making fun of Fetters and his bulging belly but also for the FREE PUB for #myCurrahees and “Nuts”.

Oh yes, Bulge is in there. Just not a number 1 level seed IMHO.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    Founders Club
    Best Sports Film?

whlinder said:

My interest ranking:
    3 rock band NIT
    4 actor
    5 westerns

TYFYS

Midway
    D-Day
    Gettysburg
    Vicksburg
    Saint-Mihiel
    Antietam
    Saratoga
    Yorktown
    Trenton
    Belleau Wood
    Mexico City
    Battle of Manilla

Oh yes, Bulge is in there. Just not a number 1 level seed IMHO.
    Very well. Carry on.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,833
    Rod Stewart vs Neil Young in a cage death match.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam
    America's Greatest Battle Win of All Time?
    Did we ever do a greatest general to see who finishes 2nd behind Grant?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Did we ever do a greatest general to see who finishes 2nd behind Grant?

No. But he's the one seed.

What I like about GOAT Battle Win is there's no clear Final 4. I can argue for like 8- 12 to make it to the Final 4.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    All of the Above or Janet Reno
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Honestly Sports movie is probably the best option but I know I'd get pissed when you fags vote for some shitty sports movie because it has a cigar smoking scene over the true best sports movie and I'll get frustrated and hate you all for, I dunno, 81% of a day.

Actors is kind of intriguing but super subjective so I wonder who would be nominated.

Generals would be good, and my vote is already for Te-CUM-sah Sherman. Mostly for the free pub, and the bad ass march to through the SEC.

After that it would be westerns.

Not terribly thrilled with forgotten rock but I don't think any of us are surprised by the choices provided by the king of white wakanda. I mean the blatant disrespect of The Monkees was palpable.

The Waterboy is the best sports movie ever made. Everyone knows this, hence no point in running a poll.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Honestly Sports movie is probably the best option but I know I'd get pissed when you fags vote for some shitty sports movie because it has a cigar smoking scene over the true best sports movie and I'll get frustrated and hate you all for, I dunno, 81% of a day.

Actors is kind of intriguing but super subjective so I wonder who would be nominated.

Generals would be good, and my vote is already for Te-CUM-sah Sherman. Mostly for the free pub, and the bad ass march to through the SEC.

After that it would be westerns.

Not terribly thrilled with forgotten rock but I don't think any of us are surprised by the choices provided by the king of white wakanda. I mean the blatant disrespect of The Monkees was palpable.

The Waterboy is the best sports movie ever made. Everyone knows this, hence no point in running a poll.
    Fonzy vs Jerry Reed as football coaches ?

Fucking priceless.
    Skrong supporting cast in that movie. Also, a good soundtrack.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    All of the above