Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hopkins' Dire Situation Worsens with 70-61 Setback at UCLA

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2023
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,883
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Good.

He’s Tyrone awful.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,583
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/report-uw-huskies-mike-hopkins-in-agreement-on-six-year-contract-extension/
    as previously reported...

This must be a change point in the terms of what it costs to shed the remaining contract ~ otherwise, what has taken so long?
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good game guys
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2023
    Buyout Randy Bennett. 10-0... just knocked off Gonzaga.

Dude got Mitchell Saxen... who UW basically gave a pity offer... to 12.5 and 8.3.

Imagine if Bennett actually got some real talent walking through his door.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dude got Mitchell Saxen... who UW basically gave a pity offer... to 12.5 and 8.3.

I'd look hard at Odom from Utah State. He was the coach at UMBC previously. Has won 20+ everywhere he's been in charge and oh, yeah, was the first coach to lead a 16 seed over a #1 in the NCAA tournament. My only worry with him is he grew up in Virginia and his dad was a longtime ACC coach. Could UW hold onto him long term? I've said here before that I'd love Randy Bennett. Seattle guards slashing to the bucket paired with an International front line shooting threes would be fun to watch.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,883
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'd look hard at Odom from Utah State. He was the coach at UMBC previously. Has won 20+ everywhere he's been in charge and oh, yeah, was the first coach to lead a 16 seed over a #1 in the NCAA tournament. My only worry with him is he grew up in Virginia and his dad was a longtime ACC coach. Could UW hold onto him long term? I've said here before that I'd love Randy Bennett. Seattle guards slashing to the bucket paired with an International front line shooting threes would be fun to watch.
    Pretty sure Dave Odom lives in Hawaii now.

Way closer from Seattle to HI than VA

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pretty sure Dave Odom lives in Hawaii now.

Way closer from Seattle to HI than VA

That’s cool for his dad. Just thought a guy who grew up an ACC fan would maybe want to coach ACC basketball at some point if they called. When you make millions a flight to Hawaii from wherever you live to visit your dad is pretty affordable.