Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Does Husky Nation cut the check to keep Grubb

Question Dawg fans. Do we cut the check to keep Grubb? Or is it more than “the money” ?
Money is often the easy part.

1. Losing assistants is part of a program that is working. Isn’t that cool to see at UW
2. Grubb will most likely never professionally be in as strong of a position as he is now. He has to strongly consider trading on that.
3. Bama paid $2.5 million for offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian
4. I don’t see the the Alabama offer any where online because there isn’t one yet. However, Grubb is already in the range at 1.2 of last years Alabama coordinator. After his market adjustment….. I still don’t think it was enough at the time and we may find that to be true.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2022/04/eight-of-10-alabama-assistants-get-new-deals-big-pay-bumps-for-new-hires.html

5. I don’t know Grubb’s career goals. If he wants to be a head coach or go to the pro’s. And I think the bigger question for him does Alabama get him to where he wants to go more quickly. If we have an insight on that I think that’s where the answer resides.

There really isn’t a higher profile coordinator job in the country than Alabama that is open now in my opinion. Here UW sits with a top offense in the country by some measures and does Jen let him walk? I say if we are serious about football we match what Bama offers. And if Grubb walks then it was more than the money. And that’s going to take time to fix.

Comments