Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 497
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Fuck me! 5 star legacy QB portals out and the best offer is Cal Poly. Fuck. Just fuck! FYFMFE FFS
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Maybe he gets some hoop time with Bryan Penn-Johnson.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    A bit odd. No offer from Oregon State? Would have thought that Boise St. or San Jose St. would have been good landing spots as well. Hopefully this means that he is a shoe in for the starting job.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dOgmaster said:

A bit odd. No offer from Oregon State? Would have thought that Boise St. or San Jose St. would have been good landing spots as well. Hopefully this means that he is a shoe in for the starting job.

Prob didn't get much interest, so the idea is that he can get film and then grad transfer out after 1 year at Cal Poly and try again
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    A picture I took of Sam Huard vs Woodinville

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Did he throw 6 interceptions?
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

My big fear with Sam was he just never looked mature and big enough to be a big time QB and I think he still has a baby face and build. He might be a guy who just never moves past that. There's an Adam Carolla thing I think he used to describe Shawn Spicer where you know what the guy was going to look like when he was 45 when he was 10 and you know what he looked like when he was 10 when he is 45.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

My big fear with Sam was he just never looked mature and big enough to be a big time QB and I think he still has a baby face and build. He might be a guy who just never moves past that. There's an Adam Carolla thing I think he used to describe Shawn Spicer where you know what the guy was going to look like when he was 45 when he was 10 and you know what he looked like when he was 10 when he is 45.
    I agree Sam may never get noticeably bigger but I was always hoping he would be Kellen Moore anyway. Elite vision, anticipation and accuracy. Not sure he has any of those in his bag right now.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I agree Sam may never get noticeably bigger but I was always hoping he would be Kellen Moore anyway. Elite vision, anticipation and accuracy. Not sure he has any of those in his bag right now.
    I think everyone underrates his arm strength. It's at least adequate and stronger than Kellen Moore's imo.

The rest though... yikes. When you make Dylan Morris look composed you probably don't have much future as a QB. I personally think him going there signals that he accepted that and simply demoted himself to a place he can play school, match up with the level of competition, and play with a former coach.

Speculation and nothing more. I bet that's how it plays out though.