Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A late Night In Tokyo's Hidden bar-Hopping Gem

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,984
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm not a drinker but that alley is my kind of place
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

That alley is in the area (ward) of Tokyo called Shinjuku, specifically the Eastern part, which is near the red light (Kabukichō) and gay districts (Nichō).

I actually stayed in Shinjuku when I was last in Tokyo because Shinjuku Station is pretty much the central hub of mass transit for the city.

It’s a fun area, but you obviously need to be careful. I felt like Luke Skywalker stumbling into the Mos Eisley cantina when I went into one of those bars. Lots of smoke, drunk salarymen, and a waitstaff looking at me with utter distain. It was the first time I felt unwelcomed in Japan, but I completely loved the vibe.

@DerekJohnson - if you end up going to Korea you definitely need to do a side trip to Japan.
  • Options
    Founders Club

That alley is in the area (ward) of Tokyo called Shinjuku, specifically the Eastern part, which is near the red light (Kabukichō) and gay districts (Nichō).

I actually stayed in Shinjuku when I was last in Tokyo because Shinjuku Station is pretty much the central hub of mass transit for the city.

It’s a fun area, but you obviously need to be careful. I felt like Luke Skywalker stumbling into the Mos Eisley cantina when I went into one of those bars. Lots of smoke, drunk salarymen, and a waitstaff looking at me with utter distain. It was the first time I felt unwelcomed in Japan, but I completely loved the vibe.

@DerekJohnson - if you end up going to Korea you definitely need to do a side trip to Japan.
    Depends on funds but maybe so. My dentist is from Cambodia and is married to a Thai woman, and he's pressing me to forget Korea and go to Thailand.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Depends on funds but maybe so. My dentist is from Cambodia and is married to a Thai woman, and he's pressing me to forget Korea and go to Thailand.
    Don’t let your dentist pressure you into it! You love all things Korea. You need to go there.

Thailand is awesome though.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Don’t let your dentist pressure you into it! You love all things Korea. You need to go there.

You know me better than that. Of course I'm going to Korea
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

You know me better than that. Of course I'm going to Korea
    😁❤️🇰🇷
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    Standard Supporter
    My Optometrist says Korea is better than Thailand.
  • Options
    Founders Club

My Optometrist says Korea is better than Thailand.

@GrandpaSankey! True??
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,841
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023

HR,YK.