Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Race Bannon's OFFICIAL Golf Talk 2023-2024 Thread

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,358
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the Lee Westwood types that everyone forgot about and don't care about won big too

Now the top players will earn NFL money but not the has beens

I would have taken the money except if I was Tiger

Brooks took the money and got healthy and is now back. Another winner
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    McIlroy, who also attended, reportedly didn’t say much during the meeting, except for one brief exchange with Grayson Murray.

“He only responded to Grayson when Grayson was going off on tangents, outbursts, saying like, ‘We don’t trust you, Jay! You should resign right now! You lied to our face!'” said the anonymous player. “I forget exactly what led to this, but Rory goes, ‘Just play better, Grayson,’ and that got a bad response from the crowd.”

And according to two sources, Murray, a recent winner on the Korn Ferry Tour, responded to McIlroy by telling him to, “F--- off!”

Bryan later said on Twitter that Murray and McIlroy “were cordial and pleasant post-meeting” as McIlroy stuck around to provide some insight and answer questions. “We chatted as a group of players, and we were laughing about the comment,” Bryan said. “No beef or hard feelings either way.”
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,926
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Rory should be focusing on hitting wedges onto the green from 100 yards out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

He'd win 8 times a year
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I like Speith at LACC. Super wide fairways and lots of short grass around the greens. Course looks incredible.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

#MeToo
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023
    Bob_C said:

I like Speith at LACC. Super wide fairways and lots of short grass around the greens. Course looks incredible.

The best US Open courses are always in CA. How did LA get it this time? Seems like they always rotate through TP, Pebble Beach and Olympic in SF.

Sad that @RaceBannon moved back to the shite hole that is WA.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

The best US Open courses are always in CA. How did LA get it this time? Seems like they always rotate through TP, Pebble Beach and Olympic in SF.

Have to disagree with you as an architecture snob. Torrey is one of the worst sites. Olympic is marginal and quite uninteresting. Pebble can be good, but it really needs a renovation. Rivera is a better course than all of those hands down.

Shinnecock and Oakmont are hands down the best two rotation sites.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,279
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Pinehurst #2 would like a word
  • Options
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

Pinehurst #2 would like a word

The renovated version is vastly better than the Payne Stewart version. Terrible tournament last time it was there (only one since the renovation), so it's still in let it play out mode for me.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Have to disagree with you as an architecture snob. Torrey is one of the worst sites. Olympic is marginal and quite uninteresting. Pebble can be good, but it really needs a renovation. Rivera is a better course than all of those hands down.

Shinnecock and Oakmont are hands down the best two rotation sites.
    For christ's sake, The Lodge at Torrey Pines is an architectural masterpiece. I've had many romantical getaways there.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've walked Pebble and Torrey. Big fan. Not a big northeast old school USGA guy. I do like the Riviera tournament every year

The US Open can be boring or great anywhere

Agree that Olympic sucks

Ben Hogan, Arnie, and Payne all lost to nobodies there
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ok Billy Casper is somebody
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've walked Pebble and Torrey. Big fan. Not a big northeast old school USGA guy. I do like the Riviera tournament every year

The US Open can be boring or great anywhere

Agree that Olympic sucks

Ben Hogan, Arnie, and Payne all lost to nobodies there

Really? Olympic looks so cool on TV and in pics. I've only driven by it thought and never walked around the actual course.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    My issue with Torrie is pure course snobbery. It is on some of the best property you could ever ask for, but the course doesn’t use hardly any of it. Bunkers on both sides of the landing zones and crazy thick rough everywhere else. Not much strategy required there. It’s boring in February or June.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023
    Bob_C said:

My issue with Torrie is pure course snobbery. It is on some of the best property you could ever ask for, but the course doesn’t use hardly any of it. Bunkers on both sides of the landing zones and crazy thick rough everywhere else. Not much strategy required there. It’s boring in February or June.

Full disclosure (it's not obvious already) - I'm a total hacker and not nearly the golf aficionado that some of you all are. But I enjoy the game and am trying slowly to get better.

I think when I've been at Torrey Pines (never played it) hiking around and what not I get distracted by the property and views. So yeah, maybe it lacks some of the interesting features that other US Open level courses have.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    whlinder said:

Hero ball rarely works in golf

Music Edibles in the cart always works