Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Here's a hypothetical for you guysm

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,291
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Let's say the 2023 Huskies beat USC, lose to Oregon and knock off Clemson in the Holiday Bowl to finish 10-3.

Would you feel---

Satisfied?
Mildly disappointed?
Ready to storm the castle?

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,018
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Who else are they losing to?

There’s at least 1 ASU type shit the bed game in there if they go 9-3.

I’m more than mildly disappointed but not quite ready to storm the castle yet. I’m in sharpen my bitchfork and refill my Tiki Torches phase.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    In this hypothetical, if the defense still looks like shit, then we have ourº answer about who DeBoor is.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,180
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Mildly disappointed. The whole team will be better. Running game will be better. Line won’t go backwards like some think. The only issue I see is the other teams putting a target on our? Dawgs and getting “greased” up for the game as WoolleyDoog would say… but it’s just another game right?

I just rewatched the Oregon game yesterday. The skwad left points on the table but the offense isn’t to worry about. Oregon saw they could attack Cam Bright and Fabiculanan. These two positions need a serious upgrade but a slight upgrade would make the defense better. We? need to get back to just hating Asa.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    Founders Club
    So worse than this year, that’s a big disappoint

Playoff or bust this year
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,281
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mildly disappointed, mainly for losing to Oregon.

If we can hover around 10/11 wins a season, win conference, and be in the hunt for a great bowl game then I'm ok. I would like to see UW go on a playoff contending run, win a Natty or two, I think our offense is there, but the D is laging
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Since football is weird and Dawgs play some good teams, running the table seems off the table. If the following doesn’t improve, 9-3 isn’t out of the realm:

Short yardage run game & red zone efficiency

More contributors and more consistency to the pass rush

Tackling in space
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Let's say the 2023 Huskies beat USC, lose to Oregon and knock off Clemson in the Holiday Bowl to finish 10-3.

Would you feel---

Satisfied?
    Mildly disappointed?

Severely disappointed to miss out on certain Doogs bukaking all over the Refuge.
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 496
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    Disappointed if they do not make the CFP. 10-3 does not get us there. Max 1 loss in regular season.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We lost Martin and Kirkland who are both very good but our replacement of talent over all is way to good with 3 first rounders next year on the team and probably a few more high round guys. The talent on the team right now is higher than DeBoer might have for while. Irons hot gotta strike
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Would you feel---

Satisfied?
    Mildly disappointed?

Severely disappointed to miss out on certain Doogs bukaking all over the Refuge.
    Bukkake superiority guy...
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    mildly disappointed

still not "all in" on Husky football

2021 left a big mark
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,656
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tostinos salsa level Medium disappointment. Penix and all these guys who could have been day 2/3 picks coming back sets a high bar. I can live with three loses but winning the conference feels like the minimum and would hope that would be against someone like Georgia in the CFP semis or a blue blood in the Fiesta Bowl. Would much rather beat Oregon and lose to USC. Especially with Oregon in Seattle and USC on the road. I'd much rather lose some shit game like at Arizona or the Beav and beat Oregon.

My offseason storyline is there's a great chance it's a way less enjoyable season even if the team is better. The schedule should be tougher and teams are going to super jacked to try and upset UW all season, and teams like Sparty, Oregon, Beav, Coug are going to be out for revenge.

I would take a 2017 season but boy was that an enjoyable NY6 season.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,379
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't care how they got there, if UW is in the Holiday Bowl, DeBoner should be door ass out.