Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Ultimate Couch Sale

Comments

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,257
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wow, 81 years old…saw him with S & N at Château St. Michelle, spectacular…he’d been cheating the reaper for a while. RIP…
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I liked some Crosby tunes and he has always been an entertaining listen in interviews.

Neil didn't like him. I'm assuming Neil was correct. He dissed one of Young's best songs.

Still... Ts.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,101
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meh.
    EVH > David Crosby
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    I haven’t seen Neil Young comment yet. Both Nash and Stills have.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,977
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

CSNY Power Rankings...

1) Neil Young

2) Stephen Stills

3a) David Crosby
    3b) Graham Nash
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

alumni94 said:

Legendary rocker Neil Young has paid tribute to former Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young bandmate David Crosby.

“David is gone, but his music lives on. The soul of CSNY, David’s voice and energy were at the heart of our band,” the statement, posted to Young’s website, read.

Crosby’s family announced Thursday that he died at age 81.

“His great songs stood for what we believed in and it was always fun and exciting when we got to play together,” Young’s tribute continued. “We had so many great times, especially in the early years. Crosby was a very supportive friend in my early life, as we bit off big pieces of our experience together. David was the catalyst of many things.”

Young concluded, “thanks David for your spirit and songs, Love you man. I remember the best times!”

Young and Crosby’s paths crossed in 1970 when Young joined Crosby, Stills & Nash. The supergroup then became known as Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and went on to release “Déjà Vu,” which contained the hit song “Woodstock.”

The rock pioneers weren’t always on the same page, despite the many stages they shared.

“When you meet, when you start a band, you’re in love with each other,” Crosby told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour in 2019. “Forty years later, when you’ve done it for forty years and it’s devolved to just turn on the smoke machine and play your hits, it’s not musically exciting, it’s not fun and we weren’t friends.”

Amanpour posed the question of Crosby possibly repairing his friendship with his former CSNY bandmates, to which Crosby replied: “That I would like to do.”

Stephen Stills and Graham Nash also paid tribute to Crosby.

“It is only the memory of such a unique and full life so well lived that must sustain us through this period of profound grief,” Stills shared in a statement.

Stills added that “David lived a life of deep and enduring gratitude and was an extraordinary, richly sentient being,” continuing to say that “his music will live on through us all.”

Nash reflected on their at-times “volatile” relationship in a tribute posted to Facebook, adding that “what has always mattered to David and me more than anything was the pure joy of the music we created together.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/20/entertainment/neil-young-david-crosby-tribute/index.html
    Neilbraska classy
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The last time I heard Young comment on Crosby was in a Stern interview. He wouldn't really say much but made it clear that it was because he didn't have anything good to say. He did mention still being butthurt about David telling him not to sing about Manson (Revolution Blues) and that it was not funny (it is funny)
    https://youtu.be/9u1o9UarmNA

I also remember reading that David never wanted Young to join them in the first place, saying "that guy is weird".
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,152
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

The last time I heard Young comment on Crosby was in a Stern interview. He wouldn't really say much but made it clear that it was because he didn't have anything good to say. He did mention still being butthurt about David telling him not to sing about Manson (Revolution Blues) and that it was not funny (it is funny)

I also remember reading that David never wanted Young to join them in the first place, saying "that guy is weird".

He’s not wrong
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

He’s not wrong
    He really isn't weird at all.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

alumni94 said:

CSNY Power Rankings...

1) Neil Young

2) Stephen Stills

3a) David Crosby
    3b) Graham Nash
    Obligatory Rod Stewart taunting.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    Founders Club
    Can't we get back to talking Thin Lizzy?
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Neil and Croz didn't get along so well because they were so much alike. Supremely talented, creative people are just wired differently than everyone else, IMO. Success at that level gives you the "Fuck You" card, and paired with dope and booze, they use it.

I don't understand it, but I'm not supremely talented and creative...
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Neil and Croz didn't get along so well because they were so much alike. Supremely talented, creative people are just wired differently than everyone else, IMO. Success at that level gives you the "Fuck You" card, and paired with dope and booze, they use it.

I was never a huge fan of those guysm, but I watched a doc on Crosby maybe 8-10 years ago. I got the impression he was not a guy I'd want to hang out with.
  • Options

Fishpo31 said:

I was never a huge fan of those guysm, but I watched a doc on Crosby maybe 8-10 years ago. I got the impression he was not a guy I'd want to hang out with.
    Exactly...and he wouldn't want to hang out with you (the collective, not the person) either. There are so many stories of people meeting celebs, athletes, musicians, and the result is "What an asshole"...hence "Never meet your heroes"...