Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky's 2023 New Bored Motto Tournament - Master Thread

Over the next month or so, my gulag assignment will be to run the New Bored Motto tournament, with 64 of your best (or worst) "New bored motto?" nominations for Hardcore Husky. There is more than 64, but I cut it off here since it'll feel like March Madness, only with the Huskies represented.

There are 4 quadrants with 16 famous or forgettable lines that were seeded based off the number of chins or reactions. Some were slightly modified for context, but most are unchanged, like FRANNY in Maltby. The four quadrants are the DerekJohnson division, the 2015 Slogan Tournament division (where a majority of mottos were pitched, only the highest made it), the Peterman Era division, and the Lake/DeBoer Era division.

Like the NCAA tournament, each round will start on Mondays and voting totals will be tallied 2 days after the poll first opens (Monday polls close on Wednesdays). This is a single elimination tournament, so only the winner advances. Given that this is formatted after the NCAA tournament, this will take about 6 weeks to get to the finals. Since this first week has 32 polls, it'll be released over the course of the week.

This thread can be used for general purposes on the tournament not related to any individual vote or round.

I'll probably post updates here and maybe some other things after seeing how Round 1 goes.

Comments