Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seahawk playoff thread

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,787
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    That went about as expected minus leading at halftime.

Hawks front 7 severely lacking and will be interesting to see if they can actually address it for once this off-season. I never need to see Barton at LB again.

Need a shitkicker on the interior OL, preferably at center. Draft or FA, don’t care, have to get it done.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Seahawks= THUD!
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,832
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Way too close in the first half for my comfort. Luckily I had a 5 gallon jar of nacho cheese sauce to soothe my nerves.

#myNiners
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Mods, feel free to lock the thread, thanks!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    Founders Club

Mods, feel free to lock the thread, thanks!

It's not exactly blowing up

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    Founders Club

Hawks front 7 severely lacking and will be interesting to see if they can actually address it for once this off-season. I never need to see Barton at LB again.

Need a shitkicker on the interior OL, preferably at center. Draft or FA, don’t care, have to get it done.

I know Pete loves Geno Smith, but I'm ready to move on to the Bryce Young era, if we can get him at 5th.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I know Pete loves Geno Smith, but I'm ready to move on to the Bryce Young era, if we can get him at 5th.
    For the right price he’s a good bridge to the next QB era. I’m not as sold on Bryce Young as others but think they’ll have a crack at a solid QB. I’m good with any of the supposed top-4 (Young, Stroud, Levis, Richardson). With Geno here for 1-2 more years Im maybe most intrigued by Richardson’s measurables though he’s the least ready by all accounts. Will be a very interesting first 4 picks overall.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,106
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

He looks to fragile. He doesn’t look solid like Wonder Boy did, he looks more like Tua or RGIII
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

He looks to fragile. He doesn’t look solid like Wonder Boy did, he looks more like Tua or RGIII
    He is Kyler Murray minus 15 lbs. No thank you. There isn't a QB worth taking in the 1st 2 rds this year.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This year's QB class is underwhelming. Geno is also underwhelming. Sign him if you're happy being a fringe playoff team.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,106
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This year's QB class is underwhelming. Geno is also underwhelming. Sign him if you're happy being a fringe playoff team.

Agreed. I don’t get the hype of some of them. Young and stroud throw to wide open guys all day. Levis is one I’m not sold on and the kid from Florida has a Cam Newton look to him but I’m not sure he can be the passer the NFL would require. I’d rather wait around and get Max Duggan late like SF did with Purdy
  • Options
    Founders Club

Agreed. I don’t get the hype of some of them. Young and stroud throw to wide open guys all day. Levis is one I’m not sold on and the kid from Florida has a Cam Newton look to him but I’m not sure he can be the passer the NFL would require. I’d rather wait around and get Max Duggan late like SF did with Purdy
    Geno is what he is, it’s all relative. Is he worth $30M? No. Is he worth $10M while you continue to build the roster if you don’t draft a QB high this year. Probably? I’d probably take him for $10M next year even if you do draft somebody. Herbert/Burrow we’re the last rookie QBs who had been proven to be effective year 1, and I think it had been almost since Russell/Luck/RG3 rookie year since anyone else had proven the same.

Purdy is a one-off benefitting from a great scheme and talent at every single skill position on their team, plus the best LT in the game. Not sure he’s replicable. Not sure he’d earn playing time anywhere else in the NFL without a slew of injuries like SF had.
  • Options

He isn't gonna cost more than $18-20 mill. My comparison is we can be the 2019 49ers. Geno is better than Jimmy G String and we have the draft picks and cap to build a similar team. The QB's coming out of college is the worst it has ever been. We just have to build around Geno.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,264
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Geno is what he is, it’s all relative. Is he worth $30M? No. Is he worth $10M while you continue to build the roster if you don’t draft a QB high this year. Probably? I’d probably take him for $10M next year even if you do draft somebody. Herbert/Burrow we’re the last rookie QBs who had been proven to be effective year 1, and I think it had been almost since Russell/Luck/RG3 rookie year since anyone else had proven the same.
    YOU STOP WITH THIS UNDEFEATED ROOKIE SAM HOWELL SLANDER
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

He isn't gonna cost more than $18-20 mill. My comparison is we can be the 2019 49ers. Geno is better than Jimmy G String and we have the draft picks and cap to build a similar team. The QB's coming out of college is the worst it has ever been. We just have to build around Geno.
    I think I agree on the cost, but I wouldn't say Geno is any better than Jimmy G (who has a better win percentage). Hugh did a thing on the radio this AM talking about the stats Geno accumulated in the 4th quarter when down by 14+ points. Lots of garbage time stats padded his bottom line this year.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,832
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Geno is a nice story and the Seahawks over performed with him at QB this year. IOW, he’s good, not great. Sitting at 5 and assuming no one jumps them for a QB, Seattle would be well served to take a QB because if not, they’re gonna be stuck in a purgatory picking in the high teens to early 20s for a while.
  • Options

I think I agree on the cost, but I wouldn't say Geno is any better than Jimmy G (who has a better win percentage). Hugh did a thing on the radio this AM talking about the stats Geno accumulated in the 4th quarter when down by 14+ points. Lots of garbage time stats padded his bottom line this year.
    I was thinking arm talent and mobility. I think Geno struggles were a direct result of the team having ~$55 million in dead cap so there were a lot of holes on the roster. Now we get that money back with some of that going to him plus the draft picks. I think I am more positive because of the landscape of the NFC. If this was the AFC my thought process would be different. This is the biggest off season in Seahawks history.