Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You can fool some of the people all of the time

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    I was an Aranda guy first, Boner second, Campbell third. I still think Aranda is a good Coach, but Boner has just killed it so far.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

dnc said:

dnc said:

Are we at the stage of delusion where everyone pretends they wanted DeBoer?

@Gladstone
    @RoadDawg55
    @RaceBannon
    @PGOS

And a few others were first and right

The rest of you?

Not so much

Gonna need you to link your big support to KDB. Accountability and shit.

HTH

LOL beating your chest over an "AGREE" post?

If it was so easy to agree, we wouldnt have the vast majority of this board wanting Aranda and Campbell

HTH

So you wanted Stoops, DeBoer as HC with Wilcox as his DC Or nothing.

Hmmm.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,410 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

@Gladstone
    @RoadDawg55
    @RaceBannon
    @PGOS

The rest of you?

Not so much

HTH

If it was so easy to agree, we wouldnt have the vast majority of this board wanting Aranda and Campbell

HTH

Hmmm.

I meant DeBoer as HC, who gives a shit about Wilcox. Try reading, you'll see I responded to an early post saying "hire DeBoer"

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

dnc said:

dnc said:

@Gladstone
    @RoadDawg55
    @RaceBannon
    @PGOS

The rest of you?

Not so much

HTH

HTH

Hmmm.

I meant DeBoer as HC, who gives a shit about Wilcox. Try reading, you'll see I responded to an early post saying "hire DeBoer"

If that’s what you wanted you could have just “Stoops, DeBoer or bust” but you said this clearly indicating your support for DeBoer was contingent upon one DC coming with him.

You’re the one gatekeeping KDB support in this thread and selecting these extremely weak posts as evidence that you were right while everyone else was wrong.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,924 Swaye's Wigwam
    We're doing this again? I can only beat my chest so many times before it starts to hurt.

Unless I have the timestamps wrong in my mind, @Kingdome_Urinals started the first Deboer thread after they beat UCLA. I was one of the first to post in it, but he started it and I recall that @gladstone himself, also one of the first to be all in, just bumped that thread recently recognizing his firstestness.

Not that it matters. I just typed all that but really, it doesn't matter.

Digging up links and shit sucks on a phone. You guys can find it.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,410 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

@Gladstone
    @RoadDawg55
    @RaceBannon
    @PGOS

The rest of you?

Not so much

HTH

HTH

Hmmm.

If that’s what you wanted you could have just “Stoops, DeBoer or bust” but you said this clearly indicating your support for DeBoer was contingent upon one DC coming with him.

You’re the one gatekeeping KDB support in this thread and selecting these extremely weak posts as evidence that you were right while everyone else was wrong.
    Got it, you can't read.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,544 Founders Club
    I went on the podcast and said it to @JoeEDangerously's face!!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Damn, we were so close to hiring Campbell for a ton of money and sitting here right now at 5-7, with Morris as the returning starter, and trying to doog on the improvement and Campbell needing more time to get his players and system in.

In non-negadoog fairness, I think Campbell actually would have went 6-7 and lost to Haener in the Jimmy Kimmel bowl.

Were we really that close? I thought the consensus was he only played us for a raise and was never really chinterested?
    dnc said:

Damn, we were so close to hiring Campbell for a ton of money and sitting here right now at 5-7, with Morris as the returning starter, and trying to doog on the improvement and Campbell needing more time to get his players and system in.

In non-negadoog fairness, I think Campbell actually would have went 6-7 and lost to Haener in the Jimmy Kimmel bowl.

Were we really that close? I thought the consensus was he only played us for a raise and was never really chinterested?
    I don't think anyone actually knows.

Proof in hand and all that
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

I don't think anyone actually knows.

Proof in hand and all that
    Fair
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Mad_Son said:

Holy shit I was right about @FireCohen and DeBoner
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Sources said:

FireCohen said:

I wanted DeBoer after he beat UCLA and I looked up his track record. I made a post or three about it.

That faded a bit after a bad loss or two. I liked Aranda better because of the P5 success, but Rhule set him up decently and the jury is still out on him.

I’m happy with DeBoer and think we got it right. He’s a very good coach.

I do remember you being the first one to swinging around his winning percentage as a coach. Dude seems to understand how to win
    Not just how to win, but how to win consistently. Suggests his culture and system work
    as we say "winners WIN"
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,516 Swaye's Wigwam
    I was team "anything but a nine-figure boat anchor." I just didn't want to spend that kind of money (and risk basically ending the progrum if it fails) on anybody that isn't guaranteed to succeed, and there are basically three of those guysm on planet earth. And they weren't going to make any of them say no. If every hire is a dice roll, take three cheap rolls of the dice instead of go all in on one.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,330 Swaye's Wigwam
    In hindsight DeBoer still feels like it was more risky then Aranda
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

In hindsight DeBoer still feels like it was more risky then Aranda

Aranda does have a 12-2 record to his name, but he now has a 6-7 record, too