Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Text exchange the other day

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    chuck said:

Pretty sure Sims was the 12th man vs Michigan in 2002

I always thought that was Sam Cunningham.

It was one of the two. I'm right until I'm wrong though.
    I thought it was Nate Robinson. That’s what I remember.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,969 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Just looked it up

30 carries for 200 yards. Dawgs beat Arizona 38-14 and broke a 14 game Pac 10 losing streak

"I honestly didn't think Arizona would be off their game tonight," said Willingham, back in the Pac-10 after being fired following three years at Notre Dame.

“With their upset over UCLA, I thought they would be excited and ready for us, but we took advantage of every opportunity."

JFC

I remember feeling a bit saddened after that Arizona game. I felt sad for Sims. That he only got chances late in his senior season. One of those horrible what ifs? or as someone else said in this thread, another squandered athlete.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,969 Founders Club

ouch

chuck said:

I always thought that was Sam Cunningham.

It was one of the two. I'm right until I'm wrong though.
    I thought it was Nate Robinson. That’s what I remember.
    Oh shit I think you're right about Sims and the 12th man. That 2002 Michigan game I weirdly feel is washed from Husky fan memories even though it was like the last big non-conference game where UW had a chance for a very long time.

Nate got toasted in the Cal game that year to lose to them for the first time in like 20 years but he had the posture of a guy who was never going to get burnt again and he didn't.

For Rick defenders...how do you go 7-6 in 2002?
    You're quite right. It was so painful that I only vaguely remember the details of it now.

My dad went to that game. I had asked him to bring me back a program. When he did, he handed me a mangled game day program. I asked what happened. He said "It was in mint condition until 12 men on the field."
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,683 Standard Supporter

I could definitely see Newton going off against someone like Arizona or Stanford next year.

I also mentioned the running backs between Corey Dillon and Chris Polk is an interesting and mostly unspectacular stew.

The 2000 offense was so good it made Rich Alexis look like a big time running back.

Wayne Taulapapa = Willie Hurst.

I’m still bitter about this one, mostly because of the effort I put in to attend.