Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Finn MacCools trash since day 1

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

It still counts for the off season natty. Tuff players who will beat up a bar,

People forget that the two players who did the most damage to James in the inquisition had been booted from the team for bar fighting before the natty run

Stars are aligned for a big run and then probation

Hang the Banner!!!
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,348 Swaye's Wigwam
    If we were talking about some badass lineman that have been dominating all year and winning football games I can get on board but as is these guys are early front runners for @JoeEDangerously s fake tough guy award next January

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Fishpo31 said:

One of my besties from childhood played at Montana in the early 80's. Went to a Montana- MSU game in Missoula, and saw, hands down the best bar fight I've ever seen (and I've seen a few), at Stockman's, post game, between players. Walking in, I thought it was weird that there was chain-link over the windows, from the inside. I asked my buddy, and he said "you may get lucky and find out".

About an hour later, it started...the bartenders pulled down a heavy screen over the booze, the bouncers blocked the doors, and it was on. It seriously looked like a movie. The bouncers and bartenders were taking notes, and when it finished, cops were at the doors, front and back, with Paddy Wagons (sorry if that offends any Irish). UM guys went one way, MSU the other.

My guy said that it was S.O.P. They took them downtown, the owner estimated damages, and they divided that by the number of combatants, and that was the bail...One of the guys we were with got arrested, and the last I heard of him, was an assistant police chief in Butte.

Liquor up Front, Poker in the Rear...csb

Been to Stockman’s many times. I’ve seen a few fights in there too, but nothing quite as cool as you described. I did see a beer bottle broken over a guy’s head there and I also saw a football player curb stomp and acquaintance of mine right in front.
    The penultimate episode of the Sopranos has an all time curb stomp
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,085

Fishpo31 said:

One of my besties from childhood played at Montana in the early 80's. Went to a Montana- MSU game in Missoula, and saw, hands down the best bar fight I've ever seen (and I've seen a few), at Stockman's, post game, between players. Walking in, I thought it was weird that there was chain-link over the windows, from the inside. I asked my buddy, and he said "you may get lucky and find out".

About an hour later, it started...the bartenders pulled down a heavy screen over the booze, the bouncers blocked the doors, and it was on. It seriously looked like a movie. The bouncers and bartenders were taking notes, and when it finished, cops were at the doors, front and back, with Paddy Wagons (sorry if that offends any Irish). UM guys went one way, MSU the other.

My guy said that it was S.O.P. They took them downtown, the owner estimated damages, and they divided that by the number of combatants, and that was the bail...One of the guys we were with got arrested, and the last I heard of him, was an assistant police chief in Butte.

I've been Stockman's a few times with my Griz Phil Knight, ex father-in-law.

I like Missoula a lot.
    Missoula kicks ass.
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    Canadawg said:

If we were talking about some badass lineman that have been dominating all year and winning football games I can get on board but as is these guys are early front runners for @JoeEDangerously s fake tough guy award next January

In my small school college football experience - it’s always guys like this who start fights. Gotta prove themselves elsewhere because they’re absolute dogshit on the field and it’s a major ego killer.

One of my old Juco coaches (now in the big sky) used to tell us “You don’t have to be a perfect person, you don’t even have to be a good person, just don’t go out of your way to be an asshole”.

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Fishpo31 said:

Been to Stockman’s many times. I’ve seen a few fights in there too, but nothing quite as cool as you described. I did see a beer bottle broken over a guy’s head there and I also saw a football player curb stomp and acquaintance of mine right in front.
    The penultimate episode of the Sopranos has an all time curb stomp
    How can you be referencing a dubious curb stomp from the Sopranos when Eddie Norton had the greatest of all time in American History X.