Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Roster Numbers - January 2023

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Why not throw out some names?

It's not easy to pick which ones for me, but I expect 3 running backs and two more receivers to leave. One of the receivers will be someone that got reps and targets this season (Taj Davis or Giles Jackson please don't be Polk).

So there are 5.

Two more DBs will portal but I can't guess which since they're all so shitty. So that's 7.

I think an interior DL will portal. I could see Bandes being the guy. That's 8.

Murao seems like a no brainier on the OL. I don't think Curne leaving is imminent but I'd guess one more OL. That's 10.

I think they'll portal 12+ as they aren't done bringing guys in. t's hard to pick names outside of a few obvious guys. We know the RB list is going to shrink by a lot, that there is too much WR talent to keep that whole room together, and that more attrition is needed in the defensive backfield. It's the DBs that I have the most trouble with. They had to play every healthy body so it's hard for me to tell who they really wanted to have out there.

Shocking he didnt have a path to playing time even with the departures

Yeah I wasn't buying off that he was going to leave even though he keeps getting mentioned. Would have thought he'd have an inside track at one guard spot.
    Adding a few more to my list. This should get the roster down to 85.

1 Curne
    2 Dumas
    3 Sunday
    4 Adams
    5 Wyrsch
    6 Peacock
    7 Murao
    8 Tinae
    9 Giles Jackson
    10 K Fab
    11 Davon Banks or Elijah Jackson

Peacock won a weightlifting award so I think he stays. It’s early for Wyrsch. I think Huard or Morris bounces. K Fab isn’t leaving even tho I wouldn’t mind if he did. Finau and the JC DE from Central could leave. Moore if the new TE or Otton passes him. Guuard from Idaho possibly. Smalls if the new DE from South Dakota and Showtime pass him.

There are 15-20 that could feasibly leave and we wouldn’t even notice them gone. Not that many need to, but we have plenty of candidates.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    What the hell happened to murao? I thought he was supposed to be special
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I've heard lots of injury trouble. Kid still has 3 years, hopefully he gets it together
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Every fucking corner on last year’s team can portal
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Of course the one kid we finally manage to get from mater dei sucks
    #TheScript