Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A lady always reserves the right to change her mind, as a couple of slutty GFs informed me back in my 20s.

Harbaugh is no different. What a flake.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The Frog broke him
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Ryan Day will help pay his buyout.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

A lady always reserves the right to change her mind, as a couple of slutty GFs informed me back in my 20s.

How is that being a flake? If he was bailing after a year or two, sure. But he's been there quite awhile.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

How is that being a flake? If he was bailing after a year or two, sure. But he's been there quite awhile.
    I call him a flake because it fits him. I suppose you're right about that though. When he went to Michigan I thought of it as a lifer thing, the job he chose over any and all others. Maybe I shouldn't project that in him. It isn't common anymore.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,925
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I call him a flake because it fits him. I suppose you're right about that though. When he went to Michigan I thought of it as a lifer thing, the job he chose over any and all others. Maybe I shouldn't project that in him. It isn't common anymore.
    It seems he either prefers the NFL life or he feels he has unfinished business there. Or, he is using this for leverage for more money.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,560
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    I do doubt that he is using this for leverage in that reportedly he was gone to the pros last year except he didn’t get offered the job after all… doesn’t mean he couldn’t change his mind now but does speak to his desire to go back to the NFL. I’m guessing he gets offered maybe more than one place.. Denver will probably want him, he would have to decide if he wants to work with Wilson obviously, not everyone is going to want that situation to work with. The rest of the jobs just might be Meh, so he might decide to hang out one more year in Michigan. He doesn’t need to take just any NFL job.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2023
    Imagine not having to recruit 24/7 anymore or worry about NIL or beating tOSU every year to keep your seat cool.

If a decent NFL team truly wants Harbaught he gone gone.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

It seems he either prefers the NFL life or he feels he has unfinished business there. Or, he is using this for leverage for more money.
    Remember that Michigan forced him to take a paycut after 2020 (when they almost fired him).

He either still has beef with the AD over that and genuinely wants out, or is gonna use every successful season going forward to milk the AD for every dollar and recoup the $ he lost
    Good point and if that's his angle it's a smart play. Michigan would be wise to continue to pay if they want to beat tOSU every year.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    chuck said:

chuck said:

No, I think that there's something to that. It was my impression as well. The "Michigan Man" coming home to bring them back to whatever.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974

chuck said:

chuck said:

No, I think that there's something to that. It was my impression as well. The "Michigan Man" coming home to bring them back to whatever.
    He was only there because he didn’t get an nfl job, or at least one he wanted. He was a fired coach at that point with a rep to be very difficult with a lack of social skills. He has been flirting with the nfl ever since he took the michigan job.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

chuck said:

chuck said:

He was only there because he didn’t get an nfl job, or at least one he wanted. He was a fired coach at that point with a rep to be very difficult with a lack of social skills. He has been flirting with the nfl ever since he took the michigan job.
    I always forget the 49er stint for some reason. I think of him as jumping from Stanford to Michigan.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

chuck said:

chuck said:

I forgot how he left the Niners and had to look up his Wikipedia to confirm he was fired.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

I forgot how he left the Niners and had to look up his Wikipedia to confirm he was fired.
    I should've done the same. My memory was that he left the 49er job to go to Michigan. Didn't realize he was fired.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I should've done the same. My memory was that he left the 49er job to go to Michigan. Didn't realize he was fired.
    It was described as “mutual”. Wikipedia claimed there was a power struggle between Harbaugh and the GM. IIRC, Tomsula was named head coach after that and it makes me wonder if Tomsula was bending the GMs rat lobbying for the gig.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He may have been a Michigan Man going in, but they made him cough up some serious coin to keep his job a couple years back...
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,560
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    Yah, as competitive and accomplished as he has been I’m sure that he viewed that a real insult to the point where loyalty probably is not a question he feels anything about as far as the Michigan Leadership is concerned… this is now a leverage point or another job that he wants decision for him and I’m guessing he is out the door. I’m sure he is going to want largo guaranteed buyout dollars either way.

5 years, 50 million, 30 guaranteed kind of thing…
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781