Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2023]

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

How much money do you need to make before you start thinking about other stuff?

Seems crazy to me sometimes when these guys leave great situations making millions where they're set for life with a fanbase that loves them

Is 5 million at a random place that will turn on you fast and you have no connection to that much different than a 3 million at home life contract?

Is Corvallis home for Smith?

I don't see how he stays at OSU. His salary next year is going to exceed their conference payout isn't it?
    I think he's making 2.4? So no but I get your point.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Seems crazy to me sometimes when these guys leave great situations making millions where they're set for life with a fanbase that loves them

Is 5 million at a random place that will turn on you fast and you have no connection to that much different than a 3 million at home life contract?

Is Corvallis home for Smith?

I don't see how he stays at OSU. His salary next year is going to exceed their conference payout isn't it?
    I think he's making 2.4? So no but I get your point.
    I just assumed it was in the 4-5 range

His salary at (insert school name from some school in actual conference) will probably be triple that though.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Canadawg said:

Brock insinuated that the hold up for DeBoer and signing a contract isn’t a few more million in yearly income for him and his assistants it’s what can UW scrape together to increase NIL. DeBoer is a winner and needs DUDES to do that. Can UW afford the Jimmy’s and Joes to compete in the B10? Can UW push that NIL pot to 10 million? 15 million? This rings true to me. Dannen needs to shake the tree, hard, and see what falls out.
    Some of that money is with Jimmy Lake's contract and an underperforming basketball program.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

DeBoer and Babushka co-head coaches at Michigan State. Each to get $10 million.

Heard it from my hot tub cleaner whose sister is married to the pest control guy of a big time donor.

Kim says Fisch to MSU, Babushka to Arizona
    Has to be the dumbest thing I’ve read. No way Smith would leave Oregon State for Arizona
    It does seem dumb, but at least Arizona has a conference and nice weather.
    In the new world order Arizona is a full step up from Oregon State. Weird but true.
    I would argue : Old world order : one full step;
    New world order : at least two full steps.

Almost feel sorry for CUOG (but not the fans).
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,462
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Brock insinuated that the hold up for DeBoer and signing a contract isn’t a few more million in yearly income for him and his assistants it’s what can UW scrape together to increase NIL. DeBoer is a winner and needs DUDES to do that. Can UW afford the Jimmy’s and Joes to compete in the B10? Can UW push that NIL pot to 10 million? 15 million? This rings true to me. Dannen needs to shake the tree, hard, and see what falls out.
    That's smart of Deboer if true
    DeBoer has always talked about increasing NIL, so not surprising that he wants more money budgeted to that as part of the contract negotiations
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,951
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Canadawg said:

Some of that money is with Jimmy Lake's contract and an underperforming basketball program.
    Jen’s stench continues to linger.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,557
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Everything I heard the last couple days of scanning the radio indicated that Arizona was actually getting money together to keep Fisch.

Smith can get a much better job than Arizona.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

If UW has any trouble at all finding NIL money to satisfy DeBoer, it belongs in the fucking PAC 2 with Wazzu and Beav

seriously. There are more huge corporations and billionaires in Seattle than ever. Granted many of them tech homo's, but there have to be a few C-Level fans at some of those places...
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,462
    haie said:

Grubb was much better last year and he didn't even have Bernard and Johnson.
    He's busy negotiating with his agent during the week instead of gameplanning for beav or coog
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Other teams live in the film room too