Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Mike Vorel

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,993 Founders Club
edited December 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
A year ago Jen Cohen responded to NIL questions saying she wasn't going in that lane and we don't want her in that lane.

Now we are allegedly outbidding Ohio State and paying lavishly for Grubb.

Aside from a fire being lit under Cohen's behind by all the GoFundMe talk on Hardcore Husky, it would be interesting to find out exactly what happened that triggered this sudden change in philosophy.

Simple as the euphoria of beating Oregon? Or something additional?

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556 Swaye's Wigwam
    Mama Cauce bought a new tv and wanted to watch some wins on it
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,204

A year ago Jen Cohen responded to NIL questions saying she wasn't going in that lane and we don't want her in that lane.

Aside from a fire being lit under Cohen's behind by all the GoFundMe talk on Hardcore Husky, it would be interesting to find out exactly what happened that triggered this sudden change in philosophy.

My guess is she just had an epiphany while laying in bed. Geez, look what others are doing.

Since she is unqualified to enact her vision, she just thought "Hey, I know people who can actually do this".

Being a halfway competent AD (or making a move like one) is not Rocket Surgery.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,728 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022

Simply, a bunch of people had no clue what they were talking about and were just going off of Jen's arrogant personality and inability to communicate to fans.

Not the fans fault for doubting NIL and they got it going slower than some other schools, but at least they got it going.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,974 Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

My guess is she just had an epiphany while laying in bed. Geez, look what others are doing.

Since she is unqualified to enact her vision, she just thought "Hey, I know people who can actually do this".

Being a halfway competent AD (or making a move like one) is not Rocket Surgery.
    I get the idea that Jen doesn't really have her own vision. She forms it as she goes based on her interpretation of what upper campus, other factions of the AD, boosters and coaches want. She seems prone to stumbling with initial decisions, like hiring Lake and Rammer, but adjusts course and catches on before it's too late.

Allegedly. I can't really tell WTF is going on. Fudgie provides all my "insider news".
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Maybe DeBoer and his BBC (Big Beautiful Courtney) told her this is the way it's gotta be done
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,858 Founders Club
    Everything seemed to snowball after the tax exempt donation announcement. It's like it suddenly made it okay to shovel mounds of cash into MF.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,387 Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Maybe DeBoner told her “I am the captain now”

FireCohen said:

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,725 Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

This 100%

Given that Hop is still coaching basketball, Jen hasn't shown that she's leveled up.

I'm guessing DeBoer is running everything for football and telling Jen to rubber stamp whatever he says.
  • Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 992
    edited December 2022

FireCohen said:

This 100%

Given that Hop is still coaching basketball, Jen hasn't shown that she's leveled up.

I'm guessing DeBoer is running everything for football and telling Jen to rubber stamp whatever he says.
    I'll gladly take another two years of Hopkins if they sink all that money into the FB program.
    Fuck it.

Give Mr. Pushup a lifetime contract if that's what it takes to keep football's NIL budget fat and happy