Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A big tip of the cap to the UW coaches

2»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

it is all about the HC, looks like we got one. we lucked into one no thanks to @FireCohen

Credit where credit is due. NIL is humming and she plucked what looks to be the best HC from an insane coaching carousel in 2021.
    he was not our primary option. it was dumb luck. I guess i will give her credit for being lucky
    Winners win. Jen is winning at the moment.
    Now we just need to fire Hopkins
    Until she mans up and does just that, Jen is still a sloppy titted, leopard skin wearing wannabe AD.

• Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 779

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

it is all about the HC, looks like we got one. we lucked into one no thanks to @FireCohen

Credit where credit is due. NIL is humming and she plucked what looks to be the best HC from an insane coaching carousel in 2021.
    he was not our primary option. it was dumb luck. I guess i will give her credit for being lucky
    @PostGameOrangeSlices posts are usually auto-not your best effort or Fuck Offs, but why are so many of you fuck sticks defending Hopkins?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,779 Founders Club

pawz said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Fucking this. Jen was fucking around with the second coming of Rick Neuheisal and we? got lucky RN2 over-played his hand.

Seems like only two of us? wanted deboner from the start. Please correct me if I’m wrong @Baseman.

As @YellowSnow is my witness, I’m first and right on deboner.

Long story short, Jen tried fucking hard to fuck this hire up.

Can confirm. Before I pushed Pawz off the ski lift before talking too much cankles Chirqui shit, he did proclaim that DeBoer’s proven track record of success at every career stop, was highly predictive of winner win for UW.

I feel like @Doogles was an early DeBoner prophet as well.
    Anyone who predicted 10 or more wins pre season was riding on the Boner train. I’m glad I hopped on early, was a fun ride.
  • Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 779
    edited January 2023
    Riding the Boner train all the way to tuna town.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    pawz said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Fucking this. Jen was fucking around with the second coming of Rick Neuheisal and we? got lucky RN2 over-played his hand.

Seems like only two of us? wanted deboner from the start. Please correct me if I’m wrong @Baseman.

I don't think you were before me, but it's mute irregardless. Some of us made the right call early, before the job was even open
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,149

pawz said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Can confirm. Before I pushed Pawz off the ski lift before talking too much cankles Chirqui shit, he did proclaim that DeBoer’s proven track record of success at every career stop, was highly predictive of winner win for UW.

I feel like @Doogles was an early DeBoner prophet as well.
    To toot my own horn while others are at it, I was Team Deboer after the Doogles post, and was always anti-Campbell.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,149
    TheHB said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

@PostGameOrangeSlices posts are usually auto-not your best effort or Fuck Offs, but why are so many of you fuck sticks defending Hopkins?
    I don’t think anyone gives a shit about basketball anymore.

UW sure doesn’t.
    Quite honestly, I'd be fine with basketball being disbandedat this point. Does men's hoops even pay for itself anymore?
    edited January 2023
    I can't remember when it happened, probably after Fresno beat UCLA, but there were some posts talking about Deboer then. His records at Sioux Falls as OC were discussed.

I'm not usually reactionary but I was on board right then and there. I don't claim it as an original idea on my part. It wasn't.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,357
    I haven't followed hoops for a couple years, previous to that I never missed a game. Perennial football programs typically have good hoops teams also. I think it's a great time to fire Hop and start over while football stock is increasing.

DeBoner was my 1st choice also
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,713
    chuck said:

I can't remember when it happened, probably after Fresno beat UCLA, but there were some posts talking about Deboer then. His records at Sioux Falls as OC were discussed.

I'm not usually reactionary but I was on board right then and there. I don't claim it as an original idea on my part. It wasn't.

Some would say it began here. I try to stay out of it.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/89470/we-should-hire-the-fresno-st-coach/p1

chuck said:

Some would say it began here. I try to stay out of it.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/89470/we-should-hire-the-fresno-st-coach/p1

There it is. I was thinking someone posted some of his OC stats too. I only looked at the first page so maybe they came later. Don't remember.

Props for being the thread starter. I'm pretty sure that makes you first.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,338 Founders Club
    chuck said:

DeBoer wasn't my first choice but my ultimate first choice was to go get the North Dakota State football coach and AD and start over. We kind of did that in the coach route (someone who had won hugely in the lower ranks and bring them into the Seattle culture). But again, I wasn't yelling to get DeBoer.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,713
    Gladstone said:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/91512/deboer

This is the thread where I change PGOS' opinion of DeBoer, going from "lol he lost to Hawaii, no thanks" to "yeah hire this guy."

More importantly, I think this is where bananasnblondes first coined the DeBoner name.

It takes a village.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,338 Swaye's Wigwam
    Absolutely hate that half the defense was awesome and half the defense was FCS level and people look at the defense and call it "average" or "an improvement".

Imagine what this season would have looked like if we had 43 total yards from our running backs. Would the offense be accepted because we had so many air yards?

Morrell and Juice should have hot seats until they prove they can pull their weight without relying on an elite DL in front of them