Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Was Surprised to Hear Back from Jabbar Muhammad Before Signing Him

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What could the pass rush be if the QB had to hitch or pause a second because of good coverage? Rarely did a QB have to go to their second, let alone third read.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I’m surprised uw was surprised.
  • Options

What could the pass rush be if the QB had to hitch or pause a second because of good coverage? Rarely did a QB have to go to their second, let alone third read.

Our coverage is never close to any wr that makes a catch. It’s 5 yards away. Let alone they dial up stupid coverages that are dumb. When worthy was in the slot and I think it was 3rd and long we call cover 2 with no help over the deep middle. Luckily dropped pass rotated over to make the play.

I do not have any faith in this defensive staff to call a good game or to teach anything with coverage of worth. They do have more talent coming in which is good, but I am pretty confident these guys are not up to par as DC’s.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    Swaye's Wigwam

Our coverage is never close to any wr that makes a catch. It’s 5 yards away. Let alone they dial up stupid coverages that are dumb. When worthy was in the slot and I think it was 3rd and long we call cover 2 with no help over the deep middle. Luckily dropped pass rotated over to make the play.

I do not have any faith in this defensive staff to call a good game or to teach anything with coverage of worth. They do have more talent coming in which is good, but I am pretty confident these guys are not up to par as DC’s.
    I’m Not ready to cut bait yet. DeBoer, Inge, Morrell have all said at different times through the year that because of a lack of quality DB depth they’ve had to be more creative in their ability to mask deficiencies. I’m not sure they’ve ever been able to run their stuff, whatever that is, all year. Let’s plug in some new talent and see how it all fleshes out. I’m thinking 15 games of evidence, 18 tops.
  • Options
    chuck said:

I’m Not ready to cut bait yet. DeBoer, Inge, Morrell have all said at different times through the year that because of a lack of quality DB depth they’ve had to be more creative in their ability to mask deficiencies. I’m not sure they’ve ever been able to run their stuff, whatever that is, all year. Let’s plug in some new talent and see how it all fleshes out. I’m thinking 15 games of evidence, 18 tops.
    @GrandpaSankey can see that the back seven didn't have a single, really good player and that most were undeniably bad. They scratched and clawed and found ways to play enough winning defense to beat teams with decided talent advantages like Tejas and Oregon and held serve 5-0 down the stretch against the teams that didn't

I'll lipo into next season.
    They were really high on perryman Powell and banks until everyone realized they got burned non stop. I am more concerned about blown coverages which happened too much. No understanding of leverage or help etc.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

@GrandpaSankey can see that the back seven didn't have a single, really good player and that most were undeniably bad. They scratched and clawed and found ways to play enough winning defense to beat teams with decided talent advantages like Tejas and Oregon and held serve 5-0 down the stretch against the teams that didn't

They were really high on perryman Powell and banks until everyone realized they got burned non stop. I am more concerned about blown coverages which happened too much. No understanding of leverage or help etc.
    I can't argue any of that.

The big thing to me was that not once all season did a UW DB make any kind of instinctive play. Maybe the Turner pick in one of the first games along the sideline. That's it. Nobody jumped a route. Nobody made a good read, came off their guy and made a play. Nobody got decleated. They just looked slow weak, unathletic, and overmatched.

So I'm banking on massive improvement. Probably just get up to Pac 12 average though. With UWs pass rush that would be pretty good.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I can't argue any of that.

The big thing to me was that not once all season did a UW DB make any kind of instinctive play. Maybe the Turner pick in one of the first games along the sideline. That's it. Nobody jumped a route. Nobody made a good read, came off their guy and made a play. Nobody got decleated. They just looked slow weak, unathletic, and overmatched.

So I'm banking on massive improvement. Probably just get up to Pac 12 average though. With UWs pass rush that would be pretty good.
    Irvin in the msu game made a few nice plays and then avoided contact vs ucla and then was out hurt basically the rest of the season. But yes the point stands. We have no choice but to wait and Lipo.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Portal working masterfully at a position of great need. In Boner I Trust. IBIT
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,493
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I kept re-reading the headline thinking it had to mean a DB was surprised to hear from Washington because Jimmy and the clowns he had coaching DBs hadn't recruited anyone in five years.

The DBs really have to find a way to get ints. After Michigan State they only had three.

-Stanford Cam Bright off a drop or a bad pass and kind of fluky
    -ASU QB throwing it deep on third and long basically as a punt
    -Colorado in a game that was garbage time the entire time

I think they only forced like three fumbles all year after the Stanford game which I'm not counting because Shaw's weird offense basically fed McKee to the wolves.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    7 new guys and there is a chance every fucking one plays. Who starts opposite Muhamad? Who replaces Cook? Who big dicks Kam Fab off the fucking field?