Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Unless Seattle can get some sort of future cap relief out of the deal, fuck that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Lynch better be careful or he could be LEAVING real soon. The Hooks already have his successor, I don't think they're afraid to use him.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Whether it's with a new deal or not, this will be his last year in Seattle, that is unless he suddenly returns to his 2012 form, which I doubt happens
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm sure this is also Lynch seeing the writing on the wall and basically looking out for himself (can't blame him for that) ...

However, the Hawks have built their entire team around individuals sacrificing some personal glory for the benefit of the team's benefit.

I could see Lynch getting traded before the season starts if he continues down this path.

Him not showing up at the White House probably isn't working in his favor either.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I'm sure this is also Lynch seeing the writing on the wall and basically looking out for himself (can't blame him for that) ...

However, the Hawks have built their entire team around individuals sacrificing some personal glory for the benefit of the team's benefit.

I could see Lynch getting traded before the season starts if he continues down this path.

Him not showing up at the White House probably isn't working in his favor either.

Of all the things they could possibly have against Lynch, this would be the bottom of the list.

IMO, they've made it pretty clear that they understand Lynch is a different cat and DGAF about any of it - the missed OTA's, not talking to reporters, and definitely skipping the White House.

PFF rated Lynch #10 player overall and the #2 RB for his work in 2013. He's a total stud and at the top of his game. But the Hawks made it clear when they drafted Michael that they aren't making the mistake with Lynch that they made with Alexander. They won't be paying for past performance. I could see him getting a couple extra million this year if they really have $8M left under the cap like I saw yesterday (which seems unlikely).

They won't be paying him big money going forward because he's a RB approaching 30, not because he opted not to go to the White House.
  • Options
    You are completely twisting the point that I'm trying to make regarding the White House.

I don't disagree that in the grand scheme of things, if he beats to a different drum and decides he doesn't want to go to the White House then nobody gives a shit as long as he's ready to do his work when he needs to do his work.

A testament to Lynch in the past has been that he has no problem doing his own thing but when it comes time for him to strap up and be a member of the team he gets his shit done.

However, there have been prior examples of him upsetting the apple cart a bit (see @ Arizona last year) where it was more or less swept under the rug as Marshawn being Marshawn. That works when things are going great.

Holding out isn't going to get him any points on this team or with this organization. They've been fairly consistent in moving out guys that are as much about themselves as they are about the team when the me, myself, and I gets just as big. They'll pay you at, or close to market, if earned but they also aren't going to spend that money on people that then just go into the tank and make everything about me. Take Sherman getting the Madden Cover and making sure that the rest of the Legion of Boom is on the cover with him - that's the attitude that they are fostering.

I'm just suggesting that Marshawn should probably make sure that he makes this less about himself and more about getting a little extra scratch if he really wants to stay in Seattle. If the coaches get in a spot where they feel like Michael gives them comparable performance without the headaches, then it becomes an easy decision to move on for management while keeping the cap space.

The other part I'm sure in play here is that Lynch is probably a bit butt hurt and seeing the writing on the wall that he's not really part of the core group that is going to get taken care of with the big $$$ extensions due to the fact that he's a RB. He's probably feeling like the Hawks are shitting on him instead of understanding what the market really is.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,038
    Founders Club
    This is not a wise move by Lynch. I think he peaked in 2012 and he should be happy with the huge money he's making right now. Ride that train as long as possible.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Unless he's willing to restructure his contract to reduce his salary significantly in exchange for a a couple year extension he's probably not likely to have much luck with this hold out. For a guy concerned about money, losing $70,000 for not showing up to work out for a day or two isn't all that smart.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    section8 said:

Unless he's willing to restructure his contract to reduce his salary significantly in exchange for a a couple year extension he's probably not likely to have much luck with this hold out. For a guy concerned about money, losing $70,000 for not showing up to work out for a day or two isn't all that smart.

For a guy making millions, $70,000 is no big deal.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam

section8 said:

For a guy making millions, $70,000 is no big deal.
    That's assuming he's managing the money he's already got and not blowing it all on hookers and blow for the neighborhood
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I thought he already had a CONTRACT!!!
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    on second thought... what's the harm in signing him to 'FOUR YEAR $50 MILLION CONTRACT' that in the end ups his guaranteed money by a million bucks without hurting the cap next year.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I think saying he might not be back is massive overreaction at this point.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Lynch has been a top 3 RB the past 3-4 seasons along with AP and Shady. Consistent every year and is a dick to the media, how do you not like the guy?
  • Options

Lynch has been a top 3 RB the past 3-4 seasons along with AP and Shady. Consistent every year and is a dick to the media, how do you not like the guy?

I'd put Charles on that short list, but totally agree. Lynch is the most lovable player on the team IMO.

• Options
    Love Lynch ...

But anybody that can't see that he's going to get "Suddenly Senior'ed" sooner rather than later hasn't been paying attention.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Love Lynch ...

But anybody that can't see that he's going to get "Suddenly Senior'ed" sooner rather than later hasn't been paying attention.

That's why some classless motherfucker said this early in the thread "Lynch better be careful or he could be LEAVING real soon. The Hooks already have his successor, I don't think they're afraid to use him."