Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

we are lucky we got Sark

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,815 Swaye's Wigwam
And not a coach with a pulse

Offense was off and uninspired

Gotta learn from this and improve to get us to the playoffs next year

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,728 Swaye's Wigwam

They aren't a shitty coaching staff.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,728 Swaye's Wigwam

Whole game screaming just take the 3-6 yards. Was a bad scheme matchup for UW. Grubb/Penix just couldn't resist trying to take shots downfield. Weren't helped out by a crew that seemed to not want to call pass interference. There were a lot of run plays early where a dynamic running back is getting huge gains.

Gotta stick to your identity and if they hit one of those the game is over.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,815 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

They aren't a shitty coaching staff.
    I never said they were
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,067 Standard Supporter

haie said:

Whole game screaming just take the 3-6 yards. Was a bad scheme matchup for UW. Grubb/Penix just couldn't resist trying to take shots downfield. Weren't helped out by a crew that seemed to not want to call pass interference. There were a lot of run plays early where a dynamic running back is getting huge gains.

True, but I felt they really could have demoralized that Texas defense earlier by grinding on them. A Texas fan asked my buddy in the second half how the UW receivers are always open. They were, it was just all underneath.
    Penix was flat out missing guys the entire first half
    Penix was off. I think the layoff hurt the rhythm of the passing game and getting a national showcase and heisman chatter caused him to press.

Texas also has better overall talent than any other uw opponent this year. They were pretty sticky on Rome.

Uw wasn’t quite ready, also road game.
    The Texas defense had more to do with Penix being off than any layoff
    They had good push up the middle.
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483

haie said:

True, but I felt they really could have demoralized that Texas defense earlier by grinding on them. A Texas fan asked my buddy in the second half how the UW receivers are always open. They were, it was just all underneath.
    Penix was flat out missing guys the entire first half
    Penix was off. I think the layoff hurt the rhythm of the passing game and getting a national showcase and heisman chatter caused him to press.

Texas also has better overall talent than any other uw opponent this year. They were pretty sticky on Rome.

Uw wasn’t quite ready, also road game.
    The Texas defense had more to do with Penix being off than any layoff
    They had good push up the middle.
    I thought the same, while they were getting free shots on Penix, felt like Luciano and Bain were more in his lap than I’d seen all year.