Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington vs Texas Alamo Bowl Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

Who is 33?

We don't have a 33 on the roster

Extra jersey because they have 2 guys with the same number on the hands team
    That led to a Florida State first down when Oklahoma didn’t report the jersey change.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,413
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

We's lucky to be celebrating a W today.

Dropped passes and dropped pic-6 were gifts from the football Gods and UW's clock management sucked near the end of the game, reminiscent of Pete's shitty clock failures. UW played average enough to win through most of the game, but came too damn'd close to letting Texas steal the game near the end.

IMO, UW didn't play like a top 10 team yesterday, but Sark's typically un-disciplined troops made enough unforced errors to screw themselves out of any possible victory.

Too soon.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,769
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TheHB said:

We's lucky to be celebrating a W today.

Dropped passes and dropped pic-6 were gifts from the football Gods and UW's clock management sucked near the end of the game, reminiscent of Pete's shitty clock failures. UW played average enough to win through most of the game, but came too damn'd close to letting Texas steal the game near the end.

IMO, UW didn't play like a top 10 team yesterday, but Sark's typically un-disciplined troops made enough unforced errors to screw themselves out of any possible victory.

Too soon.
    Should've preceded it with a Sark getting sloppy drunk and arrested for sexual assault story.

My bad.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    LawDawg1 said:

ntxduck said:

Who is 33?

That led to a Florida State first down when Oklahoma didn’t report the jersey change.
    Oregon got a freebie from UNC for that as well
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

LawDawg1 said:

ntxduck said:

Who is 33?

Oregon got a freebie from UNC for that as well
    Maybe I had the wrong game cited.
  • Options
    LaocoönLaocoön Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 529
    Founders Club
    Tony and Cam said it was Denzel Boston on the Husky broadcast. I guess they were just as confused as the rest of us since there isn't a #33 on the current Dwag roster.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam

Huskies played great last night. They were the better team by far. As I figured, Texas came out with all of the intensity of a player led summertime 7 on 7 practice. They didn't play with any urgency until they were down 17. It would have helped if our "stud" wide receiver who keeps holding us hostage for more NIL cash could actually, you know, catch the fucking ball. He's got the wide part of the job description down, but the receiving part really seems to elude him. Even he makes that play and scores, I think Washington still wins the game. Would have been more interesting, though. I thought Ewers was fine. Texas couldn't get anything going in the run game. The Husky dline was dominant. I thought we'd see more from Brooks, so that was a bit of a letdown. On defense, Texas never got close to Penix. Both your lines won the game, I thought.

The Husky fans who made the trip down were great. Much respect for making the trek and battling the airlines debacle. Deboer is a really good coach. You can just tell by the little things he does to give his team an edge. Great call on that fourth down. Make Texas burn a timeout, do the double fake hard count with the motions and then still go for it. That's a coach that plays to win vs. whatever the fuck Sark was doing. Bob Stoops used to repeatedly pull Mack Brown's pants down every year doing that kind of shit. One other thing.... I love that your kicker and punter are fat. I was too drunk to remember if it was the same guy and too lazy to look it up, but fat kickers rule.

Huskies played like shit.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Is that Sarks wife walking him to the locker room?

@DerekJohnson
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,116
    Founders Club

Now give me all the transfers.

Going to get a big bump from this. Huge win, can't be understated.
    It was. Considering were we? were last year, I’m very happy with the season.

Not ready to anoint DeBoer as the chosen one, but it’s a promising start.
    Are you a 15, 18, or 20 game gal before you give out crowns?
    That’s like asking “how many dates until you put out?”
    Over/under in my experience was always 2.5
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Laocoön said:

Tony and Cam said it was Denzel Boston on the Husky broadcast. I guess they were just as confused as the rest of us since there isn't a #33 on the current Dwag roster.
    I think 33 is a retired number at UW.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,454
    Founders Club

Laocoön said:

I think 33 is a retired number at UW.
    George Wilson I think