Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

QB Development - tOSU vs UW historically

2»

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

haie said:
    ASJ least remarkable great Husky career ever. I guess he would have been sweet to have on actually good teams.
    He dropped that pass vs Stanford. Sark would have screwed up the rest of the season, but still.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    Ohio State will continue to churn out NFL QB’s and eventually one will be good.

I can’t hate on Kienholtz taking the Ohio State offer. It sucks, but we aren’t at that level yet. It’s a great program for a QB to play, possibly even the best. I do hate the punk ass comments he made after committing and I truly hope we get to beat him.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

haie said:
    ASJ least remarkable great Husky career ever. I guess he would have been sweet to have on actually good teams.
    ASJ seems like he was kind of lazy and a dumbass. That's off field shit though. He was a good, great at times, player at UW though. I get the mockery for what he wasted, but not the apparent hate.

I won't ever forget him destroying Nick Montana's one shot at shining though. He dropped a wide open, sure touchdown from Nick in that loss at OSU. I think it was the one good play Montana made.
    One of the biggest signs Sark was a shitty coach was when ASJ got the DUI, was suspended for a game and weighed almost 300 pounds. I didn’t understand how that happened and he wasn’t in the best shape of his life.
    Couldn't agree more. His ticket to fame and riches was already punched as a freshman. All he had to do was follow the basic rule set...stay in shape, stay out of trouble, and show up. Who knows how much better things might have gone for him had adults been in charge at that time.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Recently went back to check the receipts on UW QBs and they had an insane run of starting QBs getting drafted for basically 30 years. Starting with Tom Flick in the early-80s and ending with Jake Locker in 2010, every true QB starter for the most part other than Damon Huard got drafted and Damon played 10 years in the NFL and started some games. I'm fudging a bit my considering Stanback the starter in 04 and 05 and he got drafted as a WR, but still.

If you skip Tom Porras, you can go back to Moon too, who while not drafted, obviously had the NFL career that he had.

UW should market this even though it has nothing to do with the current staff. There was a great TE run starting with Aaron Pierce and ending with I think Stevens as well.

Pre internet and early internet days this stat got a lot of play. Like a lot of things like a long non losing season streak this got lost under Gilby Ty.

What is amazing and amusing is that Sark and Pete continued the tradition of shitty QB play while cobbling together another winning season streak that Jimmy broke

I'm kind of neutral on the whole Keith Price controversy because quite honestly I didn't pay that close of attention. I remember the Alamo because of the "he outplayed RG III" meme but UW lost.

But Big Penix is the best QB here in decades. Strong arm like Moon or Chandler with the accuracy of a game manager
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

haie said:
    ASJ seems like he was kind of lazy and a dumbass. That's off field shit though. He was a good, great at times, player at UW though. I get the mockery for what he wasted, but not the apparent hate.

I won't ever forget him destroying Nick Montana's one shot at shining though. He dropped a wide open, sure touchdown from Nick in that loss at OSU. I think it was the one good play Montana made.
    One of the biggest signs Sark was a shitty coach was when ASJ got the DUI, was suspended for a game and weighed almost 300 pounds. I didn’t understand how that happened and he wasn’t in the best shape of his life.
    Couldn't agree more. His ticket to fame and riches was already punched as a freshman. All he had to do was follow the basic rule set...stay in shape, stay out of trouble, and show up. Who knows how much better things might have gone for him had adults been in charge at that time.
    Friend is family with another TE who was on the roster with ASJ and pretty funny stories about how ASJ was treated by Sark compared to the other TEs. Makes sense he didn't achieve more.

Also, how many DUIs do him and Stevens have combined now? The overall similarities between ASJ and Stevens are pretty insane.

Recently went back to check the receipts on UW QBs and they had an insane run of starting QBs getting drafted for basically 30 years. Starting with Tom Flick in the early-80s and ending with Jake Locker in 2010, every true QB starter for the most part other than Damon Huard got drafted and Damon played 10 years in the NFL and started some games. I'm fudging a bit my considering Stanback the starter in 04 and 05 and he got drafted as a WR, but still.

If you skip Tom Porras, you can go back to Moon too, who while not drafted, obviously had the NFL career that he had.

UW should market this even though it has nothing to do with the current staff. There was a great TE run starting with Aaron Pierce and ending with I think Stevens as well.

Pre internet and early internet days this stat got a lot of play. Like a lot of things like a long non losing season streak this got lost under Gilby Ty.

What is amazing and amusing is that Sark and Pete continued the tradition of shitty QB play while cobbling together another winning season streak that Jimmy broke

I'm kind of neutral on the whole Keith Price controversy because quite honestly I didn't pay that close of attention. I remember the Alamo because of the "he outplayed RG III" meme but UW lost.

But Big Penix is the best QB here in decades. Strong arm like Moon or Chandler with the accuracy of a game manager
    Can't remember if it's here or Doogman where some major Price defenders lurk, but he's Sark's Browning to me. He was fine, especially in his first season and then it was a failure Sark couldn't bring in someone to even compete with him, especially when Sark was supposed to be this QB guru/ace recruiter.

Price would have won a lot more games and had even bigger numbers if he ever had a non disgusting offensive line though.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2022

chuck said:

chuck said:

haie said:

Friend is family with another TE who was on the roster with ASJ and pretty funny stories about how ASJ was treated by Sark compared to the other TEs. Makes sense he didn't achieve more.

Also, how many DUIs do him and Stevens have combined now? The overall similarities between ASJ and Stevens are pretty insane.

Can't remember if it's here or Doogman where some major Price defenders lurk, but he's Sark's Browning to me. He was fine, especially in his first season and then it was a failure Sark couldn't bring in someone to even compete with him, especially when Sark was supposed to be this QB guru/ace recruiter.

Price would have won a lot more games and had even bigger numbers if he ever had a non disgusting offensive line though.
    If only kellen Winslow was allowed his son to sign that LOI that would be quite the trifecta of mayhem, production and bad decisions at the TE position for one school. I don’t think it could be matched.