Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

World Cup 2014

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,517
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can we get back to talkin futbol?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    What's that joke, that soccer would be pretty cool if they could pass and carry the ball with their hands, and the goals were ten feet off the ground.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

I was going to flag this post but that image of Shakira changed it to an awesome.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,842
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If I had to pick, Deutschland. Spain, Brazil, or Italy wouldn't shock me. I haven't followed Argentina much, but they're usually up there too.

Belgium's supposedly a darkhorse (someone said that already). They have Hazard and several other guys in the good Euro leagues. Columbia and Chile are supposed to be good too. If the French don't act like fags, they probably have the talent for a good run. Portugal seems way overrated. They are not the third best team in the world. The Dutch are getting kind of old I think.

I'd be really happy if the US made the quarters. They seem to be stuck at about number 15 in the world for the past 10 years.
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Spain's too old to win it ...

Germany is always a solid pick ... I do like what Brazil has though in that they tend to have far more workers than flair in their team ... when they work they tend to win (although the pressure on them will be massive).

Belgium will be a dark horse favorite 4 years from now ... but they are young this time. Getting to the quarters would be a really good tournament for them.

I always expect France to trip over themselves.

I agree with a lot of what you said. Belgium will be better in 4 years. Right now they are not playing as well as what their talent on paper suggests.
    I dont think France will trip themselves but their team is less talented than it used to be.

Colombia and Chile, like someone else said, are gonna be very dangerous. These are two teams that play well and are "at home". Argentina... their team is a dreck except for the attack. I have no faith in them at all.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    U.S.A.

Why not us?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

What part of soccer is their that one should like? The teams collectively scoring 1 game (maybe) a game? The pussies who play it? Those fucktarded dudes that people blow?

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    A game that separates Man from the use of his hands is an abomination in the face of God & Nature.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TheGlove said:

U.S.A.

Why not us?

We're talking divegrass here, not divefloor.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

What part of soccer is their that one should like? The teams collectively scoring 1 game (maybe) a game? The pussies who play it? Those fucktarded horns that people blow?

Bash the boring sport and it's pussy players all you want, but if you're going to bash vuvuzelas, I'm fucking out.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

What part of soccer is their that one should like? The teams collectively scoring 1 game (maybe) a game? The pussies who play it? Those fucktarded horns that people blow?

the flow of the game, the sense of community, you know all the stuff that the fags (75K) love to rave about.