Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Developing

Comments

• Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    flatus said:

Nobody cares about Oregon recruiting I’m told.

I don’t think I’ve seen people say this, but I know you have voices in your head so maybe you heard it there. Overall I’m interested in seeing who Oregon signs and what it looks like and am not surprised when they sign a good class. Also have watched USC shit out inexplicable top 5 classes over and over again the past 15 years too so I take most of it with a grain of salt. Guys flipping but not signing because they’re not on the same page with their parents is funny because it happens at places like Oregon. Oregon has a good class though, I wouldn’t say otherwise. I recall the Flowe crown jewel too though since it wasn’t that long ago.
    Well reasoned post. Surprised.

USC several years of marginal classes, hardly top 5 every year for 15 years. But I agree with the implied problem: top classes are no guarantee of success on the field. They are, however, prerequisites to competing for national titles. The last 10 years have unequivocally demonstrated that to be true. Saban with UW's players doesn't have 7 rings or whatever he has.

Ultimately you gotta have the players. A good but not great coach with a solid staff is enough. Lanning is the 2nd youngest FBS coach behind Dilly. He made bonehead decisions in key games but overall was light years better than meat. LIPO. Saying we're fucked, etc, is just dooging hard. He keeps losing games that a chimp could coach to victory, then we have a legit problem.
    You guys are so fucked
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

mom is pissed he picked pool boy and the mickey mouse ducks. Expect a Sláinte soon! 🍀
    Are there a lot of Irish in Oklahoma?

They came from far and away and got there sooner

mom is pissed he picked pool boy and the mickey mouse ducks. Expect a Sláinte soon! 🍀
    Are there a lot of Irish in Oklahoma?

They came from far and away and got there sooner
    So you DO care about recruiting?

This is so confusing.
  • Options

flatus said:

I don’t think I’ve seen people say this, but I know you have voices in your head so maybe you heard it there. Overall I’m interested in seeing who Oregon signs and what it looks like and am not surprised when they sign a good class. Also have watched USC shit out inexplicable top 5 classes over and over again the past 15 years too so I take most of it with a grain of salt. Guys flipping but not signing because they’re not on the same page with their parents is funny because it happens at places like Oregon. Oregon has a good class though, I wouldn’t say otherwise. I recall the Flowe crown jewel too though since it wasn’t that long ago.

USC several years of marginal classes, hardly top 5 every year for 15 years. But I agree with the implied problem: top classes are no guarantee of success on the field. They are, however, prerequisites to competing for national titles. The last 10 years have unequivocally demonstrated that to be true. Saban with UW's players doesn't have 7 rings or whatever he has.

Ultimately you gotta have the players. A good but not great coach with a solid staff is enough. Lanning is the 2nd youngest FBS coach behind Dilly. He made bonehead decisions in key games but overall was light years better than meat. LIPO. Saying we're fucked, etc, is just dooging hard. He keeps losing games that a chimp could coach to victory, then we have a legit problem.
    You guys are so fucked
    Oregon is fucked. Since 2003.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Recruiting only mattered when all the talk here was about "leveling up" and becoming Clempson of the West. Then reality set in and now blue chips don't matter.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

flatus said:

You guys are so fucked
    Oregon is fucked. Since 2003.
    I’ve only been posting here since 2021 and last night was the first time I’ve had HARD evidence that Oregon’s coach is a junky. Things change all the time and I’m ready to now go on record: you guys are fucked.
  • Options
    A whole lot of coping around here the last two days. Lanning turns his first year into a top-10 class. Fats turns his Alamo bowl birth into a MWC all-star class. Shit, Utah did better.
  • Options

Actually Oregon fans wanting to portal the entire squad of 4 and 5 star recruits at halftime of the Georgia game is what matters to me

But THESE 4 and 5 stars are different

I don’t follow recruiting until national rattled day. Then I show up here and there’s 5 DAWGS trying to convince themselves recruiting doesn’t matter with an extra dash of neither do bowl games.

If you can’t find the humor in that then you’re probably a DAWG.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Actually Oregon fans wanting to portal the entire squad of 4 and 5 star recruits at halftime of the Georgia game is what matters to me

I don’t follow recruiting until national rattled day. Then I show up here and there’s 5 DAWGS trying to convince themselves recruiting doesn’t matter with an extra dash of neither do bowl games.

Conference play and the critical month of your season didn't matter to you. Diseased ass quook 😆
    We fluked into the win. Oregon is still better. Somehow. 😅😅😅
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Conference play and the critical month of your season didn't matter to you. Diseased ass quook 😆
    We fluked into the win. Oregon is still better. Somehow. 😅😅😅
    It's lucky when you only punt once, throw an end zone pick and still score 37 on the road 🤣
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Even luckier when Oregon fumbled the snap inside the one.

But only Penix INT counts!

Imagine spending weeks celebrating a 3 point win over a mediocre Duck squad that portaled about 15 guys thus far.
  • Options
    Of course on field matters you absolute fucking melons.

On field like conf champions finishing the job in a NY6 games more than once a generation.

Doog seamen all over the shop after finishing 3rd. Have at it. Real HBs would have poured gasoline all over this place and lit a match.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

Bitter

Winners win. You don’t win. End of story. The old Grace would have agreed with me.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bitter

Winners win. You don’t win. End of story. The old Grace would have agreed with me.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sounds like mom won't fly.

Just won’t do it
  • Options
    ASU-45
    uw-38

Oregon, SC, Utah, OSU. None of them managed one of these.

Alamo Bowl here we come!

LOL....................
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fucking baseball bowl rejects 😆
  • Options
    10-2, Alamo Bowl here we come!

No one fucking cares about uw football.