Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky and the Beginning of the Chris Petersen Era

2»

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

Good write up. I have always ridiculed fans' attempts to restore the Don James era, which happened both with Gilby and Coach Willingham, fighting off the last bender here with some foaming at the mouth to get that UCLA coach.

I think you may be mis-remembering a few things.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

Good write up. I have always ridiculed fans' attempts to restore the Don James era, which happened both with Gilby and Coach Willingham, fighting off the last bender here with some foaming at the mouth to get that UCLA coach.

For the last fucking time the reasons we all wanted Mora to be our coach had little to do with him being a UW alum. Noticed how nobody in here wanted Tui to be head coach?

weird argument
    I remember this guy, Frank, on the old doogman forum, saying how Coach Willingham was a great man, just like Don James. The argument went on for weeks. The problems start when you hire somebody on the expectation that's he's going to be somebody else from the past.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Nobody mistook Gilby for Don James.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,361 Founders Club

No, but I distinctly remember people dooging it up, saying Gilby was going to bring back toughness and discipline to the program, JUST LIKE DON JAMES' APPROACH!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

No, but I distinctly remember people dooging it up, saying Gilby was going to bring back toughness and discipline to the program, JUST LIKE DON JAMES' APPROACH!
    I must confess I was leading that parade.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I must confess I was leading that parade.
    It appears we have a volunteer for the Friday sacrifice.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Beat Oregon.

Nothing else matters.