Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yellowstone season 5 (spoiler)

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

There is a real lack of good mini series on right now, across Paramount/HBO/ShowTime/Netdicks.

When your wife shrugs and turns on next episode of the Flight Attendant/Magnolia Network show, you know it's gotten bad.

They need to get the Detective/Noir shit going again.

HBO used to have some good series twice a year and now it feels like their last good effort was Mare of Easttown.

Ahem
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022

haie said:

There is a real lack of good mini series on right now, across Paramount/HBO/ShowTime/Netdicks.

When your wife shrugs and turns on next episode of the Flight Attendant/Magnolia Network show, you know it's gotten bad.

HBO used to have some good series twice a year and now it feels like their last good effort was Mare of Easttown.

Ahem
    Tokyo Vice was the last good show. Not Mare.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,930
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I enjoyed the first three seasons of Yellowstone. It's Chris Petersen hard for any series to go past that with the same enjoyment and Yellowstone is no exception. Season 4 was trending down and this season flat out sucks. It's now more of a night time soap than an action drama where the Dutton's kill everyone who gets in the way

It's Dallas after a few years where it became less about JR screwing people in business and more about everyone screwing each other in bed

Season 5 has Dawn Olivieri's perky A cups. Which is nice.

Too anorexic
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I enjoyed the first three seasons of Yellowstone. It's Chris Petersen hard for any series to go past that with the same enjoyment and Yellowstone is no exception. Season 4 was trending down and this season flat out sucks. It's now more of a night time soap than an action drama where the Dutton's kill everyone who gets in the way

It's Dallas after a few years where it became less about JR screwing people in business and more about everyone screwing each other in bed

Season 5 has Dawn Olivieri's perky A cups. Which is nice.

Too anorexic
    This. She’s a skeleton with skin.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tokyo Vice and Mare were both very good.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Let's not forget the heavy presence of Jimmy in Season 4. I hate that fucking guy.
    Jimmy reminds me of a wannabe cowboy on our wrestling team, who I think drove a VW bug, but wore the hat & boots. He was always too skinny to imagine on a bucking horse or bull, but he insisted he was into that stuff.

Fast forward 1 year, we're doing takedown drills and I hear this horrible "crunch" a few feet away. If you've never seen a man with two elbows, I can attest it will make you wanna puke, and one guy did.

Whenever I look at Jimmy, I'm sent back to that moment and that sound of both forearm bones snapping at the same time. Grody shit.
  • Options

Here’s what I need to know about this show: ex Mrs Nacho loves it and that’s all I need to know.

Why you old chunk of coal, taking the easy way out & coughing up the remote.

What's next? White Wine?
    Fuck off, TB. White Wine is delicious and/or essential with certain foods.

Also, I will add that separate devices saved our marriage.

As Race often states, there is no shared culture any more.
    Can't tolerate the Chardonnay anymore. Fine with most reds.

Yes, separate devices are marriage-savers.

So is a secret stash in the garage.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,496
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There's now like 17 different timelines too and half a dozen shows

Taylor Sheridan will be a billionaire

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2022
    haie said:

haie said:

Ahem
    Tokyo Vice was the last good show. Not Mare.
    I read a book called Tokyo Vice that was awesome. Was the show based on a journalist who moved to Tokyo? I'll look it up.

There was something at the end of that book that has haunted me ever since.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I'll be damned, I never knew they made a series out of it.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,152
    Founders Club

So now they are shooting dogs on Yellowstone because the president is coming.

Yea this show is pure fucking garbage now.

I think my wife and I are done after this.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022
    So far, this season has been better than the last.

Some of the Duttons are insufferable, Beth for one, even as sexy as she is…but not like 1883 or 1923. IMO.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Costner will go to his grave trying his hardest to prove he isn't milquetoast, but he'll never get there.

He's just too fucking dull, predictable and unoriginal.

He was great in the baseball movies and I liked his Tatonka dance, but he's done nothing memorable since.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Costner will go to his grave trying his hardest to prove he isn't milquetoast, but he'll never get there.

He was great in the baseball movies and I liked his Tatonka dance, but he's done nothing memorable since.

It’s not a popular opinion but I think he’s a subpar actor
  • Options
    edited January 2023

He's no Olivier, that's for sure. Neither is he an O'Toole or Harris.

He's more like a Warren Beatty, whose looks overshadowed his sub-par acting for his entire career.
  • Options
    Founders Club

So was John Wayne. I don’t care. I like Costner in Westerns. He needs to make more.
    #METOO Love them both but I have to be honest with myself sometimes.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You could add Elliot Ness.

I think he has shoehorned the same character into every role. It's a likeable guy and worked really well there for a while, just like you said.