Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I like to enter the US illegally

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club
learn little or no English and then demand citizenship. I like to fucking do that

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Cesar Chavez thinks you are a racist
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    TommySQC said:

Ceasar Chavez was a natural born American and hated illegals

HTH
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

TommySQC said:

HTH

Good Lord. I'm familiar with the whole movement since my middle school paper on him. Being in construction, migrant workers are not new to me. Would it be better had I picked Jose Gomez or Juan Garcia?

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

HTH

Good Lord. I'm familiar with the whole movement since my middle school paper on him. Being in construction, migrant workers are not new to me. Would it be better had I picked Jose Gomez or Juan Garcia?

sounds like we have a middle school Ceasar Chavez superiority guy in our presence.

It would have been better if you picked an actual illegal or someone who was one at one time. I believe the Caesar you where looking for was Caesar Milan. That's ok, it could happen to anyone. No go get yourself a cold pop.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

HTH

Tommy, a construction question for you.

I live in LA and see construction going on all the time. Every single worker is always Mexican. Now, obviously the reason for that is cheap labor, but I am wondering how that is legal? Don't construction workers have unions, which would make this illegal?

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

HTH

I live in LA and see construction going on all the time. Every single worker is always Mexican. Now, obviously the reason for that is cheap labor, but I am wondering how that is legal? Don't construction workers have unions, which would make this illegal?

how do you know the workers are illegal aliens?

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

HTH

I don't, but I assume many of them are.

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

HTH

Sounds like a pretty nice straw man you've created. But yes, it is illegal to hire workers who are not in the U.S. legally. Did your question have a point?

EMPLOYMENT ALERT

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU HIRE AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT?

In light of the immigration problems going on in Arizona, there is concern that the current Administration may step up its enforcement of the immigration statutes. Because of this concern, it is important that employers revisit their obligations under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and other laws which prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens.

Under the Immigration Reform and Control Act, an employer is prohibited from the “knowing employment” of illegal aliens. An affirmative burden is placed on the employer to verify the identity and employment eligibility of its employees by examining certain documents. An employer is only required to act in “good faith” in complying with the statute and is not under a duty to investigate its employees. An employer must show “good faith” compliance with the I-9 requirement and the documents an employee presents to prove employment eligibility. (I-9 is the Employment Eligibility Verification Form issued by the Department of Homeland Security). An employer may not demand more or different documents than an employee chooses to present provided that the documents are acceptable under the I-9 requirements. An employer can accept documents that reasonably appear to be genuine and relate to the person presenting them. Original documents must be produced—photocopies are not acceptable. Employees who cannot present reasonably genuine documents must be terminated.

There is a reverification requirement for employment eligibility. When an employee’s evidence of authorization has expired, for example, the employee’s driver’s license, new documents must be presented to reverify eligibility. The employee does not need to present the same documents for reverification. Any acceptable combination of documents under I-9 is acceptable. The reverification process does not apply to the U.S. passport or green card.

If an employer knowingly hires or retains an illegal immigrant, the financial penalties are progressive. The penalty for a first violation is a fine of not less than $275 and nor more than $2,200 for each unauthorized alien. A second violation is a fine of not less than $2,200 and not more than $5,500 per illegal alien. A subsequent violation is not less than $3,000 and not more than $10,000 per person. There is also criminal exposure for employers who engage in a pattern or practice of hiring illegal aliens.

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

HTH

Sounds like a pretty nice straw man you've created. But yes, it is illegal to hire workers who are not in the U.S. legally. Did your question have a point?

EMPLOYMENT ALERT

In light of the immigration problems going on in Arizona, there is concern that the current Administration may step up its enforcement of the immigration statutes. Because of this concern, it is important that employers revisit their obligations under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and other laws which prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens.

Under the Immigration Reform and Control Act, an employer is prohibited from the “knowing employment” of illegal aliens. An affirmative burden is placed on the employer to verify the identity and employment eligibility of its employees by examining certain documents. An employer is only required to act in “good faith” in complying with the statute and is not under a duty to investigate its employees. An employer must show “good faith” compliance with the I-9 requirement and the documents an employee presents to prove employment eligibility. (I-9 is the Employment Eligibility Verification Form issued by the Department of Homeland Security). An employer may not demand more or different documents than an employee chooses to present provided that the documents are acceptable under the I-9 requirements. An employer can accept documents that reasonably appear to be genuine and relate to the person presenting them. Original documents must be produced—photocopies are not acceptable. Employees who cannot present reasonably genuine documents must be terminated.

There is a reverification requirement for employment eligibility. When an employee’s evidence of authorization has expired, for example, the employee’s driver’s license, new documents must be presented to reverify eligibility. The employee does not need to present the same documents for reverification. Any acceptable combination of documents under I-9 is acceptable. The reverification process does not apply to the U.S. passport or green card.

If an employer knowingly hires or retains an illegal immigrant, the financial penalties are progressive. The penalty for a first violation is a fine of not less than $275 and nor more than $2,200 for each unauthorized alien. A second violation is a fine of not less than $2,200 and not more than $5,500 per illegal alien. A subsequent violation is not less than $3,000 and not more than $10,000 per person. There is also criminal exposure for employers who engage in a pattern or practice of hiring illegal aliens.
    The point of my question was how is this legal? I'm sorry I didn't ask Juan, Carlos, and Javier if they were here legally or not.

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

HTH

EMPLOYMENT ALERT

The point of my question was how is this legal? I'm sorry I didn't ask Juan, Carlos, and Javier if they were here legally or not.

It's not legal to hire workers not here legal.

"How is this legal"? It's not.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

HTH

EMPLOYMENT ALERT

It's not legal to hire workers not here legal.

"How is this legal"? It's not.
    Yeah but how is it legal?
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jesus Christ, can someone tell me the legality of how legal all this legal shit is?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,854 Founders Club

TommySQC said:

TommySQC said:

HTH

EMPLOYMENT ALERT

Case closed.