Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I Hate Linkedin

ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
It's a load of bullshit

That is all

Comments

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    come to think of it, I registered as I was getting axed
    My very boss suggested it
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    There's value in LinkedIn ...

It's not entirely tied to people that are about to lose their job ...

But fair point that activity level increases when people are thinking about a change (if you're not associated w/ HR)
    Tequilla said:

But fair point that activity level increases when people are thinking about a change (if you're not associated w/ HR)

Well, I know some of the people on there pretty well, and the commendations are simply bullshit. I mean, most of what is said on the internet is bullshit anyway, but some people really believe linkedin.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Flagged for using LinkedIn
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    I think it's a good resource, I always get lots of leads on other openings - could practically transfer to any other corndog hut in the country

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/roy-otis/14/66a/26b

come to think of it, I registered as I was getting axed

Were you fired because you spent your time at work researching little known schools so that you'd have information to post in here?
    Well known school superiority guy. Actually I was working hard while my boss was looking at craigslist about half the day.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Tequilla said:

Well, I know some of the people on there pretty well, and the commendations are simply bullshit. I mean, most of what is said on the internet is bullshit anyway, but some people really believe linkedin.
    What is funny, I get commendations from people I have never met.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,999
    edited June 2014
    Hate to break it to you but it's here for a while. The recruiting calls have picked up again after a long while after nothing. Every company that called looking for interest screened me on Linkedin.

My advice is to treat it the way colleges tell high school kids to treat their facebook and twitter accts: clean it up
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Hate to break it to you but it's here for a while. The recruiting calls have picked up again after a long while after nothing. Every company that called looking for interest screened me on Linkedin.

My advice is to treat it the way colleges tell high school kids to treat their facebook and twitter accts: clean it up

Then they found out you were a fake.

it's amazing the bullshit people believe.
    topdawgnc said:

Then they found out you were a fake.
    not your most salient comeback sir.

it's amazing the bullshit people believe.
    I was thinking the same thing.

blow it off if you want; it's your life. let's just put it this way. I see people WAAAAAY up the career food chain from me (and likely you) use it. if it's good enough for people who are where I'd like to be, then it's good enough for people like me.

I don't have a social media platform, and I sure as hell don't use Linkedin for that purpose either. But you have to be a fucking moron to fight this and argue about spending just 8 minutes cutting and pasting from your resume and completing a profile. that's it. it's free and it's so easy a monkey could do it.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Tequilla said:

It's all about networking. I mean it's not like anybody uses Linkedin when they're drunk at the Coug.
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

It's all about networking. I mean it's not like anybody uses Linkedin when they're drunk at the Coug.
    bingo.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,605
    I use it to brag about all the art-history and gender studies degrees I have (but don't feel comfortable sharing that I'm $700,000 deep in student debt that the Federales financed for me).

Not to fear, Obama is going to make it go away to win my vote and take attention off Deserter Bergdahl and the VA!

Si Se Puede!